Hit and run 8.20 on the 6.3.15

The story has popped up everywhere which is great! I feel sure this couple will have read about what they've done somewhere, either on line or in the paper version of the Star.

We now know the car was a silver ford, possibly a mondeo or focus.

My son went back to work for one day before we ended up back at A&E with his knee. He has ligament damage so can't straighten or fully bend it and needs physio.

That said, his face is now nearly fully healed! These fit and healthy youngsters soon get better don't they?

The biggest test now is him getting back on his his bike which Halfords have now repaired free of charge.

Thank you Sheffield people :love:

Did you try sitting outside the school. If it wasn't for the fact I did school runs myself I would've done it for you. Presumably they've had the damage repaired by now though which will make it harder.

Glad to hear he's on the mend. Youngsters are so resilient xx

Have you been in contact with the local schools to see if they can help you at all?

Without turning this into a witch hunt, these people need to be brought to justice!

I know you said you had a rough idea of the number plate, maybe adding bits of it on here so at least it gives a rough idea of how old the car is!

Somebody must know something

MODS should pin this to the top!

Thanks. I've emailed the local schools but at the moment only the witness and the police know the reg plate details. My son didn't think it was a new car and he also thought the male driver may have been in his forties whilst the female passenger seemed younger.

It's so frustrating and upsetting to know they just drove away but the more coverage the story gets, the more I'm told this happens to cyclists ona regular basis in Sheffield!! So shocking. :o:confused:

It has appeared all over the place hasn't it! It's been heard on the radio and has appeared in the Mirror today as well as the Metro. The Huffington Post have run the story as have several cycling and parenting websites.

It's been interesting watching the story change as well, but I guess that's the Chinese whispers that is journalism! I'm just grateful for the publicity!