Things to hide?

Some people keep themselves to themselves; but I guess I am talking facebook. Do people with totally private settings have things to hide?

I have a friend who really does, not confide in people, who do you tell your secrets to?

And if you dont talk things over with friends, how do you get advice? Most are anon on here, so it is ok, but are people open and honest ot private and dis-honest?

My profile page in Facebook is totally locked down. If you aren't my friend, all you see is my profile picture and cover photo. I went through every setting I could to make it as private as Facebook allows, even that stupid 'born' life event doesn't appear, nor is it possible to see the comments against my profile picture or the old pictures in the album.

It's not hiding, it's just letting me choose who sees my Facebook page. Anyone who has a page wide open to the Internet is an idiot.

Some people keep themselves to themselves; but I guess I am talking facebook. Do people with totally private settings have things to hide?

I have a friend who really does, not confide in people, who do you tell your secrets to?

And if you dont talk things over with friends, how do you get advice? Most are anon on here, so it is ok, but are people open and honest ot private and dis-honest?

Maybe your friend is wise, maybe your friend chooses who she or he confides in on a very private basis The world is bigger than FB. Maybe what you consider "secrets" they consider confidential.

Maybe your friend is wise, maybe your friend chooses who she or he confides in on a very private basis The world is bigger than FB. Maybe what you consider "secrets" they consider confidential.

I am open in real life too, although forums dont have real names.

I am open in real life too, although forums dont have real names.

Yes we know that but behind those names are people. Why you use "El Cid" is of no interest to me. If for instance Cyclone showed an interest in why you or anyone use a pseudonym I'd be suspicious of that..but I doubt he has simply because he also uses one.

Withholding something isn't necessarily an act of "hiding secrets". To an extent we are all private people..FB allows you to an extent to control those secrets privacies.

I gather you feel left out to some extent somewhere and maybe took it personally?

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 09:50 ----------

No, I'm brutally open and honest, even if it means upsetting people

That would for me depend on the person I'm being honest with. You don't have to be brutal to be honest, unless you feel the person themselves are brutal.

Edited by skinz

No, I'm brutally open and honest, even if it means upsetting people

This is more about identity theft and the like than upsetting people.

There's no reason to make status updates (like I'm on holiday right now) or photos (which say I'm on holiday right now for example) to be visible to the general public.

Unless your brutal honesty involves telling all the local burglars when you're away for a fortnight?