SHEFFIELD Still "king of knives"

Hope this works, and some may enjoy, it's a small film showing knives being hand made, still in Sheffield, and the traditional sheffield way.

hi steven85 you should send this in an email to the house of commons I read the other day that they are getting rid of there silver plated knives & forks and buying new from Vietnam they should buy in the UK and there is only one city to get them from STEEL CITY SHEFFIELD home of cutlery

thanks for that, and right at the end of the film when it showed the staff, it was nice to see a young lad working there, so hopefully those tremendous skills will not die out.

Delighted to say that my 17 year old son has just started a 5 year apprenticeship at Wostenhome machine knives!

i thought they shut down in 1980

i have one of there last ixl whostenholm knifes

dated 1980 when did they startup again.

steve.

Yes as I stated it is Wostenhome 'machine' knives. They are not hand knives. They make blades for all kinds of machines. Progress I suppose.

i thought they shut down in 1980

i have one of there last ixl whostenholm knifes

dated 1980 when did they startup again.

steve.

The trade mark was took over by Egginton bros in the Early 1980's along with Joseph Rodgers & Sons and George Ibberson & co, in the film that's me making the knives and making the Bowie knife which is Stamped George Wostenholm & sons to the exact Wostenholm, pattern and original acid etch along the blade.