Rather irate first bus driver

A genuine question if anyone can answer this apropos the phasing out of the counterparts -

How will this work on the trains - where the ticket machines aren't configured to read the travelmaster cards and the collectors rely on reading the printed part?

Thanks in advance.

I

I would like to know this as I have had several machines not read my card correctly and there is no way to tell whether a smart card is valid/in date just by looking at it.

They (counterparts) are definitely being phased out it says so on buses.

Half correct, but a bus is not a public place in this definition. It is private property. If the photographer was outside the bus thats fine, but on it is not.

No it's still legal to take a photo on a bus as long as it's for personal reasons (in this case) and not for commercial reasons.

Although in this case the person was off the bus

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 22:18 ----------

I would like to know this as I have had several machines not read my card correctly and there is no way to tell whether a smart card is valid/in date just by looking at it.

They (counterparts) are definitely being phased out it says so on buses.

If it's out of date it says so, I used one that was out if date and it came up invalid (or something similar I think)

No it's still legal to take a photo on a bus as long as it's for personal reasons (in this case) and not for commercial reasons.

Although in this case the person was off the bus

---------- Post added 15-03-2015 at 22:18 ----------

If it's out of date it says so, I used one that was out if date and it came up invalid (or something similar I think)

There are no dates on the cards.

How are you supposed to use them

a) if the machine doesn't work - which has been known

b) on the trains

?