Mobile Speed Cameras this week

Sheffield - A61 Chesterfield Rd, Woodseats; A61 Halifax Rd, Grenoside; A61 Meadowhead; A6101 Rivelin Valley Rd; A6135 Chapeltown Rd; A621 Baslow Rd, Totley; A629 Burncross Rd, Chapeltown;

A629 Halifax Rd, Wortley; B6082 Carlisle St East; B6200 Handsworth Rd; B6200 Retford Rd; Mosborough Mr; Normanton Hl; Shirecliffe Rd, Shirecliffe; Twentywell Ln; Wheel Ln.

Rotherham - A57 Worksop Rd, South Anston; A6123 Herringthorpe Valley Rd, Herringthorpe; A629 Upper Wortley Rd, Thorpe Hesley; A630 Doncaster Rd, Thrybergh; A631 Bawtry Road, Brecks, Brinsworth, Hellaby, Wickersley; A631 Rotherham Rd, Maltby; A633 Warren Vale Rd, Swinton; B6059 Wales Rd, Kiveton Park; Doncaster Rd, Wath; Fenton Rd, Greasbrough; Middle Ln South; Pontefract Rd, Brampton; Vale Rd, Thrybergh; Worksop Rd, Aston.

Barnsley - A61 Park Rd, Worsbrough; A628 Barnsley Rd, Cudworth; A628 Barnsley Rd, Silkstone; A628 Pontefract Rd, Lundwood; A633 Rotherham Rd; A633 Wakefield Rd; B6411 Houghton Rd,Thurnscoe; Pogmoor Rd;Doncaster - A18 Carr House Rd; A6023 Doncaster Rd, Mexborough; A6023 Low Rd, Conisbrough; A614 Selby Rd, Thorne; A630 Doncaster Rd, Conisbrough; A630 Sheffield Rd, Warmsworth; A630 Warmsworth Rd, Balby; A630 Wheatley Hall Rd; A635 Doncaster Rd, Ardsley; A638 Bawtry Rd; A638 Great North Rd; A638 York Rd; Church Rd, Stainforth; Hatfield Ln, Armthorpe; Melton Rd, Sprotbrough;

Nutwell Ln; Old Rd, Conisbrough; Springwell Ln; Station Rd, Stainforth; Thorne Rd.

Same places as always then.

Yes I've noticed that. I wonder if these are the roads that make the most money or the ones that have had the most accidents (which is where the speed camera's should be placed!!!)?

The only roads that I've seen them on that I use on a regular basis are the A61 at Grenoside (fairly common), Rivelin Valley Road (only seen it once in the last 4 or 5 years, but used to be more common) and at Outibridge (again, not seen for several years although I used to see them there occasionally).

Don't know why they don't just sit on Penistone Rd, they'd make a fortune.

Because despite what many people think they cant just plonk a camera van where they feel like it.

Locations have to be approved by the Highways Authority in line with set parameters. 90% of the decision making about where they go is out of police hands.

I wonder if these are the roads that make the most money.....

If they're the ones that make the most money that suggests

1) That's where there are most speeding drivers, which would obviously be a good place to put them, and

2) These speeding drivers are too stupid to check where the cameras are and so deserve to be fleeced.