Suggestions for birthday dinner NOT in centre

Viva Tequila at Gleadless Town End is always a good night out.

There's a car park directly opposite, the Supertram stop is less than 50 mtrs away and there's a pub ( the Red Lion ) where you can all meet up just 50 mtrs in the other direction.

Viva Tequila at Gleadless Town End is always a good night out.

There's a car park directly opposite, the Supertram stop is less than 50 mtrs away and there's a pub ( the Red Lion ) where you can all meet up just 50 mtrs in the other direction.

I second this! Or if silver service appeals and you have transport Venus at Dinnington is my all time favourite.

http://www.thevenusrestaurant.com/menus/sat.pdf

Although quite pricy on a Saturday. You get what you pay for lol

4 courses for £30? I think that's cheap! Looks nice too.

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 01:48 ----------

The Norton at Woodseats is also brill

Err,no. It's really not. And the Norton is actually at Norton, not at Woodseats.

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 01:51 ----------

Hi,

Can someone please suggest a moderately priced restaurant which isn't in the city centre for a birthday dinner? It's this Saturday. No food preferences! All the restaurants I frequent are in the city so I'm a bit stuck.

Thanks

Yes. Go to the Cricket Inn at Totley (Bents).

If you book ahead ask for a table in the dining room. It's not a restaurant as such but a lovely old country pub with a very rustic dining room that features as a restaurant.

Nice food in a nice atmosphere - ideal for a special (romantic) occasion and not far from city centre (maybe 15 mins by cab).

Or...

push the boat out a little and go to Marco at Milano's - Archer Road.