Sheffield Drive-In Movie Event

I dont have a car, but Sheffield could certainly benefit from a drive-in movie site; there are SO many derelict sites still around Attercliffe/Meadowhall that an attraction like this, easily accessible from the M1 would help boost local businesses and jobs!

I went to one in Manchester not long ago

http://www.google.co.uk/url?url=http://route66driveincinemas.co.uk/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=jWgBVYGFBYGc7gaj0IHABg&ved=0CCEQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHWl0AyBl_LSfWd0piy18AvDPAdLw

It was fantastic - admittedly just a old car park but the experience was fantastic.

Would be a very regular visitor if available in Sheffield.

• 1 month later...

We went tonight, fantastic experience and would recommend people going to future screenings. Grease was a fantastic pick too.

Didn't know it was for blue bell wood either till I arrived, which was good to see money being raised for a great cause.

On to the food outlets, I'm all for giving local businesses a chance, so thought rather than go out for tea, we would try the themed foods when we got there.

Offered drinks menu for hot chocolates etc, hot chocolate each and a cookie each. The drinks were warm, not hot, luke warm. The cookies were nice though. £10 for 2 hot drinks and 2 cookies.

I wouldn't mind the price if the drinks were decent.

Onto the food outlet, hot dogs, nachos, some ice cream.

Went for 2 cans of soft drink, a hot dog (asked for Mayo instead of ketchup and mustard).... None available, also went for nachos with beef.

They came around 30 minutes later, both stone cold. We decided to ask for hot ones (for me to send food back, it means something is drastically wrong). They came back, again semi warm and no more.

Food was, less than acceptable to be honest. The 2 drinks and 2 items of food was £15.50.

Now I appreciate it is never going to be good food, but it should be of an ok standard.

I did laugh that said company caters for weddings and other events on a sign attached to their van. After serving food like they did, I'd have thought they'd want to keep their company name a secret.

But the food and drink apart, fantastic night.

We went tonight, fantastic experience and would recommend people going to future screenings. Grease was a fantastic pick too.

Didn't know it was for blue bell wood either till I arrived, which was good to see money being raised for a great cause.

On to the food outlets, I'm all for giving local businesses a chance, so thought rather than go out for tea, we would try the themed foods when we got there.

Offered drinks menu for hot chocolates etc, hot chocolate each and a cookie each. The drinks were warm, not hot, luke warm. The cookies were nice though. £10 for 2 hot drinks and 2 cookies.

I wouldn't mind the price if the drinks were decent.

Onto the food outlet, hot dogs, nachos, some ice cream.

Went for 2 cans of soft drink, a hot dog (asked for Mayo instead of ketchup and mustard).... None available, also went for nachos with beef.

They came around 30 minutes later, both stone cold. We decided to ask for hot ones (for me to send food back, it means something is drastically wrong). They came back, again semi warm and no more.

Food was, less than acceptable to be honest. The 2 drinks and 2 items of food was £15.50.

Now I appreciate it is never going to be good food, but it should be of an ok standard.

I did laugh that said company caters for weddings and other events on a sign attached to their van. After serving food like they did, I'd have thought they'd want to keep their company name a secret.

But the food and drink apart, fantastic night.

The last time I went to a drive thru (1998, maybe) that sounds about right for my experiences with the food ... cold popcorn, cold nachos, lukewarm & barely fizzy soft drinks...

Also who puts mayo on hotdogs? Sacrilegious! ;)