Why all the fuss with Nando's?

Terrible overpriced food. One of the selling points seems to be a variety of piri piri sauces most of which taste practically the same as each other. It's like going in Wetherspoons and getting offered 5 different types of ketchup.

Went once. Never again.

Went there after listening to the hype train. I was expecting a half decent meal. Instead i got a bland bit of tasteless chicken with half cooked fries. Myself and my comrades left half our meal. Only sauce on offer was that disgusting peri peri.

Overpriced, bland and inedible was my verdict. Gordon Ramsey would have had a field day with the chefs *cough* microwaves in that place.

So why would people flock there? I'm stumped :gag::gag::gag::gag:

What hype, from where?

It's grilled, spicy chicken, it's grilled in plain view, not microwaved.

Normally perfectly edible, and pretty quick, it's certainly not cordon bleu, but it's better than McDonalds.

Anyone that thinks it's cool, or thinks that other people think it's cool, has probably got the wrong end of the stick entirely.

Went there after listening to the hype train. I was expecting a half decent meal. Instead i got a bland bit of tasteless chicken with half cooked fries. Myself and my comrades left half our meal. Only sauce on offer was that disgusting peri peri.

Overpriced, bland and inedible was my verdict. Gordon Ramsey would have had a field day with the chefs *cough* microwaves in that place.

So why would people flock there? I'm stumped :gag::gag::gag::gag:

I agree. Totally over-rated...

It's quite nice, I like the peri peri sauces and the chicken is tasty. It's not earth shattering and I certainly wouldn't jump and shout about the place. But it's not bad, quick, reasonably priced food. I don't understand the hype but I also don't understand the hate.

It's quite nice, I like the peri peri sauces and the chicken is tasty. It's not earth shattering and I certainly wouldn't jump and shout about the place. But it's not bad, quick, reasonably priced food. I don't understand the hype but I also don't understand the hate.

Inverted snobbery. As a society we have difficulty removing ourselves from the aspect of class.

As for Nando's, wouldn't be seen dead in the place, full of undesirables. :hihi:

We don't do Nandos and other 'brand' franchises.

We prefer to save the pennies awhile and then eat somewhere truly special.

Attended there last Wednesday. I can still taste Glynn Purnell's rhubarb dessert a week on :smile:

You mean you have a continental attitude when it comes to good food? I'd never have guessed! :hihi:

Attended there last Wednesday. I can still taste Glynn Purnell's rhubarb dessert a week on :smile:

The mere mention of rhubarb dessert is enough to get the gastric juices flowing. With you on the "brand" thing too.

You mean you have a continental attitude when it comes to good food? I'd never have guessed! :hihi:
I've been in and around here, on and off, since '96: good food is not the preserve of 'continentals' anymore, hasn't been for a long time I'm glad to say :)

On aggregate, by now, I've eaten better and more surprising/adventurous food on these here shores than back in France (save for Alsace...there is no better place for food than Alsace, period).

All the Michelin-starred hoity-toity put aside, I treasure memories of e.g. an epic whole lobster tandoori served to us at the George & Dragon pub in Wentworth, circa 2001 (IIRC). Still trying to find out where the British chef went ('Justin', IIRC) to this day.

Edited by L00b

TBH what is James Martin if not a brand? James cookware,James Cutlery etcetc..