Why all the fuss with Nando's?

You went to the original Nando's in South Africa as well as the original Loch Fyne in Scotland? Wow you are well travelled, or just making things up.

I wonder which it could be.

I pass by Loch Fyne Oyster bar and restaurant 3 times a week, on my way to work in Lochgilphead. Keep saying I will stop off some day and try it out.

I pass by Loch Fyne Oyster bar and restaurant 3 times a week, on my way to work in Lochgilphead. Keep saying I will stop off some day and try it out.

You should, although over 5 years ago now, we decided to go in when renting a cottage near there, brilliant food.

£4.15

Same as 5 full chocolate Swiss rolls!!

Do you compare prices at restaurants to prices at supermarkets normally?

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 07:29 ----------

I agree entirely mate, there are some excellent restaurants, which is why it puzzles me that people would want to go to Nando's, but then I am rather spoiled for good food as my wife is an ace cook.

Because you don't need a reservation, it's quick and it's central. (And whether something is gluten free isn't a question that confuses them, unlike any Chinese or Indian restaurant).

I'm still confused as to what "all the fuss" is. I've never heard anyone suggest that Nando's is cool, or indeed heard any fuss about it. It's just somewhere to buy grilled chicken fairly quickly that can seat a large group at fairly short notice.

I'm still confused as to what "all the fuss" is. I've never heard anyone suggest that Nando's is cool, or indeed heard any fuss about it. It's just somewhere to buy grilled chicken fairly quickly that can seat a large group at fairly short notice.

I'm wondering why some are viewing it as a new thing (Nandos, I mean), it's been around for a fair few years now.