75th Birthday Ideas?

I'm trying to find a 75th birthday present for my mum - we're thinking of a couple of days away, nice hotel, theatre/musical event, somewhere within only a couple of hours' travel from Sheffield - anyone got any good ideas? Not London, they find that a bit too busy nowadays. Thank you for your help.

I'm trying to find a 75th birthday present for my mum - we're thinking of a couple of days away, nice hotel, theatre/musical event, somewhere within only a couple of hours' travel from Sheffield - anyone got any good ideas? Not London, they find that a bit too busy nowadays. Thank you for your help.

Buxton is really nice. There is the opera house there, with a variety of decent shows on throughout the year. It's pretty flat, pleasing to the eye, and a short distance to travel. If you check out the opera house online they used to link you to some good theatre and dine/accommodation packages.

Thanks for your suggestion, I'll take a look.

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 21:37 ----------

When I first read that, I thought it was some sort of 50 shades of grey package. :hihi:

Thanks Mecky - Mr Bloom, I don't know what you could mean! :hihi:

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 21:40 ----------

Liverpool, under two hours away, lots to see and do, and a lot of it free. York is another lovely city to visit, lots to see and do there also.

Yes, absolutely agree, I loved Liverpool when I worked there. I've been looking on Superbreak for a possible trip to see The Jersey Boys, I'm just now waiting for my sisters to confirm the joint budget to see if that's a possibility - the hotel/theatre tickets are an absolute steal, but the rail tickets - ouch! York - another good suggestion, I'll take a look at that tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 21:42 ----------

roller disco?

You trying to kill 'em off?! You'll give 'em a heart attack! :hihi: