Annoying telephone calls

In the last week I have had 3 separate calls from people enquiring about a road traffic accident I was supposed to have been recently involved in. I don't drive, nor have I been in a road traffic accident. Then I had a missed call today from 'Voluntas' (?)

On each occasion I've said this to the caller & they said they'd remove me from their 'database'. Who are they & what are they after?

In the last week I have had 3 separate calls from people enquiring about a road traffic accident I was supposed to have been recently involved in. I don't drive, nor have I been in a road traffic accident. Then I had a missed call today from 'Voluntas' (?)

On each occasion I've said this to the caller & they said they'd remove me from their 'database'. Who are they & what are they after?

Money.....

For the last few weeks I've been bombarded daily with calls from 0843 7240610 & 0843 7243916. I've not answered any of them as I don't recognise the numbers apart from them looking suspiciously like nuisance callers, and if I did it would just confirm to those behind these calls that the number was still live and got answered! If they wanted me badly enough they'd leave a voicemail!

Try googling those numbers and see just how many people are getting called constantly from them :suspect:

My latest annoying phone calls are from a company trying to con me into using their service to stop nuisance calls.

A bit ironic that.

If I answer they claim to have had a positive response in a previous call with my wife,and vice versa.

I had one saying are you Mr so and so, I wouldn't tell them until they told me who they were. They said they were from one of my online accounts, but couldn't tell me which one until I verified my name. It went on for five minutes, until he gave up. Then they rung again, and I told them I was going to report them to the TPS, they haven't rung since. Put yourself on that list, and it gives you some rights, UK based companies aren't allowed to call you.

I had one today:-

[indian accent] Hi, my name is George, Has anyone in your household ever worked in a loud or noisy environment [/indian accent]

Me: Sorry you'll have to speak up, I'm a little deaf.I used to work in a loud environment.

George: I'll just transfer you to my supervisor.

Supervisor: I understand you used to work in a loud environment.

Me: Not really, I'm just taking the ****, like you guys do making these calls...

I had one saying are you Mr so and so, I wouldn't tell them until they told me who they were. They said they were from one of my online accounts, but couldn't tell me which one until I verified my name. It went on for five minutes, until he gave up. Then they rung again, and I told them I was going to report them to the TPS, they haven't rung since. Put yourself on that list, and it gives you some rights, UK based companies aren't allowed to call you.

I thought that it was only if they had agreed to sign up with the TPS they had to abide by the rules, if they hadn't then they were not liable to be fined by them.

I thought that it was only if they had agreed to sign up with the TPS they had to abide by the rules, if they hadn't then they were not liable to be fined by them.

UK law firms and similar aren't allowed to cold call to get claims. If you get evidence of them doing it, you can report them to their regulator.

The hearing-aid people, they've stopped calling me now. After 5 calls in 4 days, from a Sheffield number, I had had enough and demanded they checked the TPS and ensured my number was taken of all their databases. It seems to have worked.

Touching baseball-bat to ensure wood is in contact.