Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Good riddance to an obnoxious pillock. Lets hope north Yorkshire police find grounds to take ction.

Like charging the BBC with "wasting police time".

From the report:

Mr Tymon - described as "a completely innocent party" - "took himself to Accident and Emergency ..."

Like one is REALLY in a fit state to go there under their own steam (very likely drive there) with a life threatening condition as that is what is A&E departments are for. It just doesn't add up and therefore have doubts about his "complete innocence".

"I want to make clear that no blame attaches to him for this incident," said Lord Hall of Mr Tymon. "He has behaved with huge integrity throughout.

And being economical with the truth (as he Mr Tymon seems to have done) is showing integrity?

Edited by CheekyBandit

Like charging the BBC with "wasting police time".

From the report:

Like one is REALLY in a fit state to go there under their own steam (very likely drive there) with a life threatening condition as that is what is A&E departments are for. It just doesn't add up.

Are you serious? It's turned 10 o clock at night, you have been punched in the face and have a split lip possibly needing stitches and maybe loose teeth, the only people present that you know are three drunks, one of whom hit you, tell us what would you have done?

And A&E departments are not for 'life threatening conditions' a broken bone or dislocated shoulder aren't 'life threatening' but would fully justify a visit to A&E.

Still nice of you to confirm what most of us think about the mental capacity of Clarkson fans. :)

Are you serious? It's turned 10 o clock at night, you have been punched in the face and have a split lip possibly needing stitches and maybe loose teeth, the only people present that you know are three drunks, one of whom hit you, tell us what would you have done?

From the report:

following the attack, I understand that Oisin Tymon drove to a nearby A&E department for examination;

Not drive there. I find a bit hard to believe that someone needing to be A&E is really going to be in a fit state to drive. In daylight let alone at night.

Edited by CheekyBandit

OMG I hope they don't get Quentin Willson or Tiff Noodle Needell

That's right, we don't want no posh buggers on the BBC! We want good, honest down-to-earth northerners like, er, Jeremy Clarkson. . . :huh:

From the report:

Not drive there. I find a bit hard to believe that someone needing to be A&E is really going to be in a fit state to drive. In daylight let alone at night.

If he was injured and needed to know the extent of his injury and receive treatment what would you suggest that he should have done?

The other three clowns were drunk and unable to drive him even if they were prepared to, and a punch in the face whilst it may have caused cuts and bruising needing attention would not prevent someone from driving would it?

So I'll ask you again, what would you have done?

From the report:

I agree and investigation by the Police is probably a waste of their time but I think he was probably right to get his cut checked out at the hospital.

If he was injured and needed to know the extent of his injury and receive treatment what would you suggest that he should have done?

The other three clowns were drunk and unable to drive him even if they were prepared to, and a punch in the face whilst it may have caused cuts and bruising needing attention would not prevent someone from driving would it?

So I'll ask you again, what would you have done?

If one is fit enough to drive to A&E then the injury cannot be serious enough to need the services of such a department. There are such things as public transport, taxis and ambulances.

Tony Hall said: ‘What has happened in this incident has crossed a line. You can’t as the report makes clear not condemn a physical assault, clearly a case of one rule for him and another for Mark Thompson.

In 2005 The Guardian reported “Mr Thompson sank his teeth into the arms of a colleague in a canine-like display of workplace frustration. The BBC yesterday played down the incident, which has been the subject of frenzied gossip within the BBC as the story was passed around by email this week, as "high jinks and horseplay".But Mr Thompson's victim, a junior member of staff who went on to be Kate Adie's producer, has disclosed that he considered making a formal complaint about the incident at the time.The story emerged because Jeremy Paxman, the Newsnight presenter, was preparing to interview Mr Thompson for an internal BBC event and emailed the producer to ask if the incident - the subject of apocryphal tales in the corporation's newsroom - really happened. The producer, Anthony Massey, replied in florid terms."It was late summer or early autumn of 1988 when he [Thompson] was the newly appointed editor of the Nine O'Clock News, and I was a Home News Organiser. It was 9.15 in the morning, in the middle of the old sixth floor newsroom."I went up to his desk to talk about some story after the 9.00 meeting we used to have then. I was standing next to him on his right, and he was sitting reading his horoscope in the Daily Star (I always remember that detail)."Before I could say a word he suddenly turned, snarled, and sank his teeth into my left upper arm (leaving marks through the shirt, but not drawing blood). It hurt. I pulled my arm out of his jaws, like a stick out of the jaws of a labrador."Massey told his then boss, Chris Cramer, now a senior CNN executive, that he wanted to "bring the whole BBC disciplinary process" against Mr Thompson, but the incident "lost momentum" when Mr Massey was sent on a month-long assignment abroad.Paxman, in his reply, said he found the tale extraordinary. "If any of this came out, he'd be toast," he wrote of Thompson.Mr Massey passed the email exchange with Paxman to a friend, who passed it to other colleagues in the BBC, and it was quickly forwarded to scores of people, and leaked to the Guardian.