Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Why is it a waste of time being investigated by police. Just because he's a celebrity doesn't make him above the law. If you had punched a colleague in an unprovoked attack you would also be sacked and prosecuted

---------- Post added 25-03-2015 at 19:14 ----------

Tony Hall said: ‘What has happened in this incident has crossed a line. You can’t as the report makes clear not condemn a physical assault, clearly a case of one rule for him and another for Mark Thompson.

In 2005 The Guardian reported “Mr Thompson sank his teeth into the arms of a colleague in a canine-like display of workplace frustration. The BBC yesterday played down the incident, which has been the subject of frenzied gossip within the BBC as the story was passed around by email this week, as "high jinks and horseplay".But Mr Thompson's victim, a junior member of staff who went on to be Kate Adie's producer, has disclosed that he considered making a formal complaint about the incident at the time.The story emerged because Jeremy Paxman, the Newsnight presenter, was preparing to interview Mr Thompson for an internal BBC event and emailed the producer to ask if the incident - the subject of apocryphal tales in the corporation's newsroom - really happened. The producer, Anthony Massey, replied in florid terms."It was late summer or early autumn of 1988 when he [Thompson] was the newly appointed editor of the Nine O'Clock News, and I was a Home News Organiser. It was 9.15 in the morning, in the middle of the old sixth floor newsroom."I went up to his desk to talk about some story after the 9.00 meeting we used to have then. I was standing next to him on his right, and he was sitting reading his horoscope in the Daily Star (I always remember that detail)."Before I could say a word he suddenly turned, snarled, and sank his teeth into my left upper arm (leaving marks through the shirt, but not drawing blood). It hurt. I pulled my arm out of his jaws, like a stick out of the jaws of a labrador."Massey told his then boss, Chris Cramer, now a senior CNN executive, that he wanted to "bring the whole BBC disciplinary process" against Mr Thompson, but the incident "lost momentum" when Mr Massey was sent on a month-long assignment abroad.Paxman, in his reply, said he found the tale extraordinary. "If any of this came out, he'd be toast," he wrote of Thompson.Mr Massey passed the email exchange with Paxman to a friend, who passed it to other colleagues in the BBC, and it was quickly forwarded to scores of people, and leaked to the Guardian.

Maybe it was wrong but compounding the mistake 27 years later doesn't make it right to assault someone and why did the victim not pursue it in the years between 1988 and 2005?

If one is fit enough to drive to A&E then the injury cannot be serious enough to need the services of such a department. There are such things as public transport, taxis and ambulances.

Ever been to Hawes?

I have on a number of occasions, lovely place, but you can forget about public transport and taxis could take for ever.

You can be hurt and bleeding but it doesn't mean that you are incapacitated, if he felt OK to drive but needed his injury looked at then the quickest and easiest way to resolve the situation would be to drive there.

It's revealing how the Clarkson lovers are making every attempt to deflect from the facts, what in hell does it matter that the producer drove himself to the hospital?

What difference does it make to what happened?

It's been confirmed that after spewing out a 20 minute foul mouthed diatribe in public Clarkson then launched an unprovoked assault on the producer.

The attack went on for 30 seconds according to the report which is a long time to be subjected to an attack and it had to be broken up by Jeremy's mates.

Clarkson is a 55 year old man who is unable to control himself. he is a bully and a coward who is selective as to who he picks on and yet there are people willing to excuse him and bring up irrelevant detail presumably in order to deflect from the main point.

The main point being that Clarkson is pond life, and those who support him ( in particular those who signed a petition not caring whether he was innocent or not providing that it didn't spoil their fun ) are well suited to being his supporters as they are of similar ilk. :)

Why is it a waste of time being investigated by police. Just because he's a celebrity doesn't make him above the law. If you had punched a colleague in an unprovoked attack you would also be sacked and prosecuted

---------- Post added 25-03-2015 at 19:14 ----------

Maybe it was wrong but compounding the mistake 27 years later doesn't make it right to assault someone and why did the victim not pursue it in the years between 1988 and 2005?

I think it shows the Hypocrisy of the BBC if your face fits they will protect you and if they really really like you you'll be promoted to the top job but if you don't defer to their pc policies then your out.

He thumped someone - horrible violent thug - but please don't put him in the same sentence as Savile.

Indeed, nevertheless the BBC has to be seen to be doing the right thing, in part because of the flack thay recieved over Saville.

---------- Post added 25-03-2015 at 19:39 ----------

I think it shows the Hypocrisy of the BBC if your face fits they will protect you and if they really really like you you'll be promoted to the top job but if you don't defer to their pc policies then your out.

There's no PC element to losing your job because you voilently assaulted a co-worker.

It's James May and Richard Hammond I feel sorry for. Both now unemployed...
They'll be fine as they have other work. Its the behind the scenes staff that are really out of work. Including ironically Oisin Tymon....although having something as successful as Top Gear on their CV will be useful...

Ever been to Hawes?

I have on a number of occasions, lovely place, but you can forget about public transport and taxis could take for ever.

You can be hurt and bleeding but it doesn't mean that you are incapacitated, if he felt OK to drive but needed his injury looked at then the quickest and easiest way to resolve the situation would be to drive there.

It's revealing how the Clarkson lovers are making every attempt to deflect from the facts, what in hell does it matter that the producer drove himself to the hospital?

What difference does it make to what happened?

It's been confirmed that after spewing out a 20 minute foul mouthed diatribe in public Clarkson then launched an unprovoked assault on the producer.

The attack went on for 30 seconds according to the report which is a long time to be subjected to an attack and it had to be broken up by Jeremy's mates.

Clarkson is a 55 year old man who is unable to control himself. he is a bully and a coward who is selective as to who he picks on and yet there are people willing to excuse him and bring up irrelevant detail presumably in order to deflect from the main point.

The main point being that Clarkson is pond life, and those who support him ( in particular those who signed a petition not caring whether he was innocent or not providing that it didn't spoil their fun ) are well suited to being his supporters as they are of similar ilk. :)

All so very true!.............if his name was not Clarkson,it could have been Prescott!

They'll be fine as they have other work. Its the behind the scenes staff that are really out of work. Including ironically Oisin Tymon....although having something as successful as Top Gear on their CV will be useful...

I fear that he will be classed as too hot to handle and this could lead on to the feud going on and on and end up with him claiming loss of earnings.

What a to do, never has the saying "act in haste, repent in leisure" rang so true.

---------- Post added 25-03-2015 at 20:07 ----------

All so very true!.............if his name was not Clarkson,it could have been Prescott!

I don't think there is any danger of that ... bullies always seem to choose their victims carefully.

Old Prezza would have lamped Jezza.