Clarkson suspended by the BBC

well if even you could do it it probably isn't that complex. it must be very galling for you that clarkson's politics are the wrong ones to suit you and he seems to make so much money from being himself.

How strange that you're choosing to defend clarkson purely on his salary and his political views.

How strange that you're choosing to defend clarkson purely on his salary and his political views.

that's odd when i never excused him at all. i merely pointed out that it hadn't exactly held him back. your imagination did the rest.

no excuses for any violence but on the plus side it might be what saved the incompetent his job. it certainly doesn't appear to have held clarkson back either and i expect his pay might have increased rather more than the guy who failed to arrange dinner, which isn't that complicated in a hotel.
Edited by drummonds

that's odd when i never excused him at all. i merely pointed out that it hadn't exactly held him back. your imagination did the rest.

"no excuses for any violence

That's not excusing any violence not all his behaviour.

Clarkson himself has said he was in the wrong and wholly responsible for the incident. If you can't take his word for it you're not being sensible.

So you support clarkson swearing at the guy for twenty minutes, but he shouldn't have punched him.

Right.

So that's that cleared up.

no excuses for any violence

i never said that either. you are very good at making up miss-quotes. one could almost say lies.

A bit like saying:

the guy who failed to arrange dinner, which isn't that complicated in a hotel.

well if even you could do it it probably isn't that complex. it must be very galling for you that clarkson's politics are the wrong ones to suit you and he seems to make so much money from being himself.
If being himself is being a buffoon, then so be it.

The new era Top Gear, the early 2000's, or whenever it was, at first had the right balance of being a car review show with a bit of humour thrown in. Over time however it became the other way round, turning into a repetetive three-middle-aged-men-prating-about formula which was getting a bit jaded imho; it was becoming a ridiculous parody of itself. It went full circle for me.

I'll watch the old repeats of Top Gear forever though, many moments on many episodes are television gold.

The new era Top Gear, the early 2000's, or whenever it was, at first had the right balance of being a car review show with a bit of humour thrown in. Over time however it became the other way round, turning into a repetetive three-middle-aged-men-prating-about formula which was getting a bit jaded imho; it was becoming a ridiculous parody of itself. It went full circle for me.

I'll watch the old repeats of Top Gear forever though, many moments on many episodes are television gold.

But that's when it became a global success, so they must have been doing something right.

But that's when it became a global success, so they must have been doing something right.

I suppose the rest of the world only saw the latter day comedy show Top Gear rather than the gradual transition from a motoring review show like we did.