Clarkson suspended by the BBC

If only they could find folk who talked like they do in Coronation Street or Eastender instead of ones who talk like people in real life. I fear that if the BBC were to replace the presenters in Top Gear these days they would be required to have rather more ethnic diversity and a greater range of sex orientation as well as moving rather towards cars that do more than 40 mpgs and motor sport conducted at below 30 mph.
You mean, exactly like when the program started? :hihi:

If only they could find folk who talked like they do in Coronation Street or Eastender instead of ones who talk like people in real life. I fear that if the BBC were to replace the presenters in Top Gear these days they would be required to have rather more ethnic diversity and a greater range of sex orientation as well as moving rather towards cars that do more than 40 mpgs and motor sport conducted at below 30 mph.

I'm putting my money on that lass from Countdown, she is...

good? :hihi:

Apparently Suzi Perry was offered the opportunity to be one of the presenters a few years ago and turned it down.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEYQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffinance%2Fpersonalfinance%2Ffameandfortune%2F10730745%2FSuzi-Perry-My-big-money-mistake-was-turning-down-Top-Gear.html&ei=YHkAVa_XOefT7QaauYHYCw&usg=AFQjCNFEcf1pfTN0MU_SXPSRVf-g4sB0yg

She lived in Sheffield for a few years when she was married to a Sheffield male model.

I met her at her home on business and she seemed a really nice person. No 'big I am' stuff, really down to earth and genuinely interested in motor sport.

I remember talking about football with her, she's a Wolves fan and knowledgeable about sport.

Her husband the model came into our office to sign the contract and the female staff had their jaws resting on their desks. :)

If she takes over I might even start watching it myself! :)

If he is guilty then yes, discipline him. But I can't stand these liberal witch hunts where a load of hypocrites pile in. No true liberal would want or assume for someone to be guilty.

I think you can tell a great deal about the posters that have immediately taken the stance that he's guilty. They ain't liberals, they are the things that Orwell wrote about.

Exactly.

I am fan but I have not signed the petition as I we don't really know what happened. The 3 of them were joking on twitter about it last night.

James May reckons it was fracas over food, which leads me to believe this could be one big publicity stunt by Top Gear themselves.

The BBC are going to sack Clarkson and bin Top Gear??

Seriously doubt it, that program is shown around the world it must bring in a fortune from worldwide TV rights.

It's lost a lot of its ingenuity. Same old, same old. Not much going on except the usual pokes at America.