Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Would a car show starring JC on another channel work as well as one on the BBC. JC is quite outspoken and if he thinks a car is crap he'll say it's crap. Not too sure advertisers will be happy with that. Car X is crap, manufacture X spends a huge amount of money on advertising with that channel.

I suspect if JC went to another channel he might have to be kept on a leash.

So far nobody has managed to explain why - if the allegations of assault are proven - Clarkson should keep his job. If anyone else physically attacked a colleague in a workplace, their contract would be terminated.

The only justification anyone has come up with so far is that he is popular and he earns the BBC a lot of money.

Must we conclude that it is OK for popularity and earning power to put some people above the law?

So far nobody has managed to explain why - if the allegations of assault are proven - Clarkson should keep his job. If anyone else physically attacked a colleague in a workplace, their contract would be terminated.

The only justification anyone has come up with so far is that he is popular and he earns the BBC a lot of money.

Must we conclude that it is OK for popularity and earning power to put some people above the law?

No, but you seem to be nearly correct. If he has thumped the other guy he deserves to lose his job. But... it isn't the law that he loses his job. He should be prosecuted though, if it was serious enough.

Are you thinking of the actor who played 'Dirty Den'? At least he had served his sentence.

So... when Paul Gadd has finished his sentence, will it be OK for the Beeb to employ him?

I assume you think that when the police and courts have finished with JC it will be OK for him to continue?

Do you think Ched should get a job at SUFC or Oldham (I think ?)?

Where do you draw the line?

Murder is OK but rape isn't?

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 22:43 ----------

He's even got the PM supporting him now, I assume that's because Clarkson is a tory.

I don't think he did support him.:

Mr Cameron said: 'I don't know what happened. Every organisation has to be able to be free to manage its talent and to say to people, "you can do this", or "you can't do that", so I don't want to interfere in the running of the BBC.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2988412/Top-Gear-s-Jeremy-Clarkson-suspended-BBC-fracas-producer.html#ixzz3U7Sx4T6I

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I don't think you can genuinely call that support can you?

No, but you seem to be nearly correct. If he has thumped the other guy he deserves to lose his job. But... it isn't the law that he loses his job. He should be prosecuted though, if it was serious enough.

Sorry, yes, I should have made that distinction.

It does seem though that if you are big and arrogant and lucrative enough, different rules apply...which is wrong.