Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Guest sibon
Easy for some people to get offended. They get their information 2nd hand and out of context because they never actually watch Top Gear. Although this situation is totally different compared to previous incidents.

Just watching James May in the few interviews he has done lately still has me thinking this whole story is utter nonsense.

It is easy for some people to be difficult to offend. They get their information third hand and never consider the context because they have pre-conceived ideas and find critical thinking difficult.

Just watching Clarkson in the few interviews that he has done today makes me think that he's an obnoxious bighead who needs sacking.

(And if they do sack him, I'm guessing that a tsunami of toxic allegations will follow to finish him in the media. He isn't a very nice person, that's pretty common knowledge)

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 23:11 ----------

No, but you seem to be nearly correct. If he has thumped the other guy he deserves to lose his job. But... it isn't the law that he loses his job. He should be prosecuted though, if it was serious enough.

He will lose his job if he hit the guy. The BBC cannot afford to allow anyone else to bully, harrass or intimidate, in this post Savile world.

I'm not so sure about prosecution. Personally, I'd like to see him jailed for crimes against broadcasting, but I'm not sure that a fracas about his dinner is suitable use of court time.

So... when Paul Gadd has finished his sentence, will it be OK for the Beeb to employ him?

I think there is probably (and rightly) too powerful a taboo against rapists of children to make that socially acceptable.

I assume you think that when the police and courts have finished with JC it will be OK for him to continue?
That must be up to the BBC, but if he has committed an assault, he needs to face the consequences. Once he has faced the consequences, does he deserve a second chance? I don't know, but I'm the wrong person to ask! I can't stand the guy.

Where do you draw the line?

Murder is OK but rape isn't?

Neither is OK, and you are right to highlight the double standards. However, to some extent this [the issue of employment after crime] will be self-limiting. Mud sticks. And we are falling into the trap of acting as judge and jury. Perhaps we should wait until we know what actually happened.

I don't think he did support him.:

Mr Cameron said: 'I don't know what happened. Every organisation has to be able to be free to manage its talent and to say to people, "you can do this", or "you can't do that", so I don't want to interfere in the running of the BBC.'

I don't think you can genuinely call that support can you?

No, I agree; you cannot.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 00:18 ----------

It is easy for some people to be difficult to offend. They get their information third hand and never consider the context because they have pre-conceived ideas and find critical thinking difficult.

Just watching Clarkson in the few interviews that he has done today makes me think that he's an obnoxious bighead who needs sacking.

He will lose his job if he hit the guy. The BBC cannot afford to allow anyone else to bully, harrass or intimidate, in this post Savile world.

I'm not so sure about prosecution. Personally, I'd like to see him jailed for crimes against broadcasting, but I'm not sure that a fracas about his dinner is suitable use of court time.

.........I concur.:)

Edited by aliceBB

Are you thinking of the actor who played 'Dirty Den'? At least he had served his sentence.

Leslie Grantham, who, whilst serving in the British Army in Germany set out to rob a taxi driver armed with a hand gun.

The taxi driver put up a fight and Grantham killed him.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLeslie_Grantham&ei=pNIAVfmHGauP7AaByYDgAw&usg=AFQjCNHW6rGwzhfOSrr7iz8lydvU0i4Jrg

I do not believe in the death penalty, because it would mean that innocent people would be murdered by the State on occasions which seems ridiculously contradictory to me.

On the other hand you should pay for taking a life with your life, incarcerated until death, unless new evidence exonerates you.

Grantham served ten years and went on to have a life and become a celebrity.

The German taxi driver is dead for all eternity and his family are left heartbroken for the rest of their lives.

If you wish to leave Gadd in prison til he dies - which I have no problem with - then Grantham should still be serving time.

Leslie Grantham, who, whilst serving in the British Army in Germany set out to rob a taxi driver armed with a hand gun.

The taxi driver put up a fight and Grantham killed him.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FLeslie_Grantham&ei=pNIAVfmHGauP7AaByYDgAw&usg=AFQjCNHW6rGwzhfOSrr7iz8lydvU0i4Jrg

I do not believe in the death penalty, because it would mean that innocent people would be murdered by the State on occasions which seems ridiculously contradictory to me.

On the other hand you should pay for taking a life with your life, incarcerated until death, unless new evidence exonerates you.

Grantham served ten years and went on to have a life and become a celebrity.

The German taxi driver is dead for all eternity and his family are left heartbroken for the rest of their lives.

If you wish to leave Gadd in prison til he dies - which I have no problem with - then Grantham should still be serving time.

And JC? What should we do with him?