Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Your post which I quoted appeared to be saying that those opposed to Jeremy's antics were 'lefty PC' types. As you weren't specific I assumed you included me in the remark, no problem. :)

Although making assumptions about anyone's political leanings based upon their views on some clown who is a serial prat seems somewhat strange.

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 17:18 ----------

Yes I've been accused of being both right wing and left wing on a few occasions on here by other posters.

The truth is that I regard all politicians of any political viewpoint with a jaundiced eye.

With a few honourable exceptions they're out for their own self interest.

....but i do think threads of this nature do bring political divisions out of the woodwork before long although some disguise it.Usual talk of Public school,upmarket hotels and high end salaries give the clues.Handbag scuffles and bloody noses seem little to do with most posts after a while!

What is it about some people that makes them come out with all this 'lefty PC' crap when someone holds a different view to them?

I believe Clarkson is an obnoxious arsehole who despite being in his mid fifties acts like a juvenile and has no respect for anyone.

He very probably views most of the people who watch TG and petitioned for him as ill educated lower class oiks.

In what way does that make me ' a lefty '?

I support no political party and believe that together with poor public sector management the Unions are responsible for causing major economic damage to this country, sound left wing to you?

How is it that on every post we all have to listen to more crap about how good a bloke you are, or who you know!!! from chief of police to members of the S.A.S. etc,etc, and then we get which hotel or high society do you have been involved in ,what members of your family are war heroes and how you are the best football supporter that ever lived.

Tha mecks Clarkson look mother superior with all the brounging tha does.

For Christs sake put a sock in it wev'e heard it all before.

....but i do think threads of this nature do bring political divisions out of the woodwork before long although some disguise it.Usual talk of Public school,upmarket hotels and high end salaries give the clues.Handbag scuffles and bloody noses seem little to do with most posts after a while!

I mentioned Clarkson's public school background in response to the 'poor Donny lad' comment but certainly not as a jibe.

Several of my close relatives were/are privately educated and I think the world of them.

The best boss I ever worked for was privately educated and had a first from Cambridge, in contrast I was educated at six different state schools despite which he treat me with respect and I learned a great deal from him.

In my view your background is irrelevant it's how you conduct yourself that matters.

Clarkson conducts himself in a way that lacks any kind of class or style, James May has called him a Knob and he's not wrong.

Totally agree Charlie, being a leftie is not some sort of social stigma, it's being proud of your working class roots. Tony Benn was indeed a gentleman and

I had the privilege to hear him speak at a CND rally in Hyde park back in the 1980s. But this thread is not about that it's about an idiot he thinks it's OK to punch somebody and then get sympathy

I totally agree but the point I was trying to make is being born in to a privilege life style does not give you a right to treat every body like something you have found on the bottom of your shoe.I was trying to show these people on here that because Clarkson has had a silver spoon in is mouth (it must be some size) it is still possible For people to be born in a even more privilege family and be civil and caring person and not act like a obnoxious a------e.The difference between these two is like chalk and cheese and I know which one I prefer .IT'S THE LEFT WINGER.

I can't understand why so many people are petitioning the BBC to hang onto Clarkson.

He's not a paragon of free speech, he's a boorish oik.

I think it is because that is what you think that almost a million have already signed the petition. I signed because he gets right up the noses of people like you.

Edited by purdy

How is it that on every post we all have to listen to more crap about how good a bloke you are, or who you know!!! from chief of police to members of the S.A.S. etc,etc, and then we get which hotel or high society do you have been involved in ,what members of your family are war heroes and how you are the best football supporter that ever lived.

Tha mecks Clarkson look mother superior with all the brounging tha does.

For Christs sake put a sock in it wev'e heard it all before.

PM'd my reply to this rant.

I can't understand why so many people are petitioning the BBC to hang onto Clarkson.

He's not a paragon of free speech, he's a boorish oik.

Only to people with no sense of humour :)

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 18:53 ----------

I think it is because that is what you think that almost a million have already signed the petition. I signed because he gets right up the noses of people like you.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

I mentioned Clarkson's public school background in response to the 'poor Donny lad' comment but certainly not as a jibe.

Several of my close relatives were/are privately educated and I think the world of them.

The best boss I ever worked for was privately educated and had a first from Cambridge, in contrast I was educated at six different state schools despite which he treat me with respect and I learned a great deal from him.

In my view your background is irrelevant it's how you conduct yourself that matters.

Clarkson conducts himself in a way that lacks any kind of class or style, James May has called him a Knob and he's not wrong.

"There's no business like show business"................probably you just don't get it!

Well could the BBC risk losing Clarkson, if he goes then what if May and Hammond follow?

The BBC apparently would owe him compensation and foreign outlets would be owed by BBC as well

I think it may be lose lose for the BBC unless they can lure some big names and reformat the show