Clarkson suspended by the BBC

Don't think if they sacked all the executives it would cover the loss of revenues from TG. I cant see easily the figures and cant be bothered to look.

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 18:59 ----------

Well.. there are a lot of people who are petrolheads and there are a lot of people who don't agree with much of the PC nonsense. So if you find them obnoxious, you must dislike a lot of people.

Where did I say that I didn't like petrol heads?

As I'm not overly bothered about cars I can get a bit bored with anyone who carries on about them incessantly, but I don't necessarily dislike the person concerned.

When it comes to 'people who don't agree with much of the PC nonsense' however, I do tend to find them generally obnoxious.

Quite often they are simply ignorant bigots who use the 'PC nonsense' to justify their narrow minded outlook and racist views.

At its basic level Political Correctness is no more than an attempt to apply common politeness and treating other people with the same respect that you'd want them to treat you with.

Similar to 'Health and Safety gone Mad' at its basic level its an attempt to reduce injuries and deaths.

Do some jobsworths overdo both of them to the point where commonsense is lost? Yes, but that is no reason to abandon them both and go back to 'the good old days', which weren't that good in reality.

Don't think if they sacked all the executives it would cover the loss of revenues from TG. I cant see easily the figures and cant be bothered to look.

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 18:59 ----------

Well.. there are a lot of people who are petrolheads and there are a lot of people who don't agree with much of the PC nonsense. So if you find them obnoxious, you must dislike a lot of people.

Nail on the head;)

25th February he Tweeted:

"Wanted: new presenter for Top Gear. Applicant should be old, badly dressed and pedantic but capable of getting to work on time."

He probably knew it was coming.

Piers Morgan has Tweeted that he'll take the gig.

#BBC - Bring back Clarkson :D

Where did I say that I didn't like petrol heads?

As I'm not overly bothered about cars I can get a bit bored with anyone who carries on about them incessantly, but I don't necessarily dislike the person concerned.

When it comes to 'people who don't agree with much of the PC nonsense' however, I do tend to find them generally obnoxious.

Quite often they are simply ignorant bigots who use the 'PC nonsense' to justify their narrow minded outlook and racist views.

At its basic level Political Correctness is no more than an attempt to apply common politeness and treating other people with the same respect that you'd want them to treat you with.

Similar to 'Health and Safety gone Mad' at its basic level its an attempt to reduce injuries and deaths.

Do some jobsworths overdo both of them to the point where commonsense is lost? Yes, but that is no reason to abandon them both and go back to 'the good old days', which weren't that good in reality.

Well saying that you find petrolheads boring would sort of indicate to me that you didn't like them - please accept my apologies if I misunderstood your feeling towards them.

Obviously racist (genuinely racist) behaviour is wrong and killing people on building sites is wrong. But taking the mick (oops) out of people for their differences is a little over the top for some people who thrive on being offended.

---------- Post added 10-03-2015 at 19:39 ----------

£150 million apparently.

Which? :huh:

Guest sibon
If he goes, can see Sky taking him.

That will depend very much upon the nature of this fracas.

He's already got the borderline racist, final warning thing hanging over him. If this is related to his last offence, or another of his sexist outpourings, I can't see anybody taking him.

Sky were very quick to ditch Gray and Keys. They haven't exactly made it back into the mainstream media, despite their previous profile. These days, some offences are very toxic to folk in the media.

Let's hope that is Clarkson's fate. He richly deserves ignoring.