Clarkson suspended by the BBC

It does seem incredibly important to you. I'm just pointing out the nonsense you are spouting.

Burghwallis was a mining community. Folk who were born there in the 1950s usually ended up working down the pit. According to the stats even today folk in Burghwallis have qualification levels below the national average, and earn below the national average wage. Hardly surprising that folk sent their kids to private schools if they could so they didn't end up down the pit.

Private school is not elitist. If you make sacrifices many can afford it instead of foreign holidays. The incentive is that folk who go to private school tend to do better than the national average and earn rather more than the national average wage.

So Clarkson earns enough to see his folk right. Let's be right a half million quid home is pretty small fry. There's hundreds of them around Sheffield.

Michael Palin's family lived in one. They sent him to private school. He did OK as well.

Burghwallis General Health Statistics

The respondents of the 2011 Census were asked to rate their health. These are the results for Burghwallis. The percentage of residents in Burghwallis rating their health as 'very good' is less than the national average. Also the percentage of residents in Burghwallis rating their health as 'very bad' is more than the national average, suggesting that the health of the residents of Burghwallis is generally worse than in the average person in England

Burghwallis Education Statistics

These statistics are for the highest level education obtained by the residents of Burghwallis and are from the UK Census of 2011. Burghwallis has a high level of residents with either no qualifications or qualifications equal to 1 or more GCSE at grade D or below, than the national average.

Burghwallis Social Grade & Occcupation Statistics

Social grade is a classification based on occupation and it enables a household and all its members to be classified according to the job of the main income earner. Burghwallis has 20% less Higher and Intermediate managerial, administrative or professional households than the national average.

Burghwallis Benefits & Unemployment Statistics

These figures on the claiming of benefits in Burghwallis come from the Department for Work & Pensions and are dated . They can often be a good indicator of the prosperity of the town and possible indicator of how hard it would be to get employment in the area. The rate of unemployment in Burghwallis is both higher than the average for and higher than the national average, suggesting that finding a job in this area maybe hard. The rate of claiming any benefit (which includes in work benefits) is more than 25% higher in Burghwallis than the national average, suggesting that many people maybe under employed or on a low salary.

What planet do you live on?

http://rt.com/uk/170792-uk-private-schools-unaffordable/

It does seem incredibly important to you. I'm just pointing out the nonsense you are spouting.

Burghwallis was a mining community. Folk who were born there in the 1950s usually ended up working down the pit. According to the stats even today folk in Burghwallis have qualification levels below the national average, and earn below the national average wage. Hardly surprising that folk sent their kids to private schools if they could so they didn't end up down the pit.

Private school is not elitist. If you make sacrifices many can afford it instead of foreign holidays. The incentive is that folk who go to private school tend to do better than the national average and earn rather more than the national average wage.

So Clarkson earns enough to see his folk right. Let's be right a half million quid home is pretty small fry. There's hundreds of them around Sheffield.

Michael Palin's family lived in one. They sent him to private school. He did OK as well.

Burghwallis General Health Statistics

The respondents of the 2011 Census were asked to rate their health. These are the results for Burghwallis. The percentage of residents in Burghwallis rating their health as 'very good' is less than the national average. Also the percentage of residents in Burghwallis rating their health as 'very bad' is more than the national average, suggesting that the health of the residents of Burghwallis is generally worse than in the average person in England

Burghwallis Education Statistics

These statistics are for the highest level education obtained by the residents of Burghwallis and are from the UK Census of 2011. Burghwallis has a high level of residents with either no qualifications or qualifications equal to 1 or more GCSE at grade D or below, than the national average.

Burghwallis Social Grade & Occcupation Statistics

Social grade is a classification based on occupation and it enables a household and all its members to be classified according to the job of the main income earner. Burghwallis has 20% less Higher and Intermediate managerial, administrative or professional households than the national average.

Burghwallis Benefits & Unemployment Statistics

These figures on the claiming of benefits in Burghwallis come from the Department for Work & Pensions and are dated . They can often be a good indicator of the prosperity of the town and possible indicator of how hard it would be to get employment in the area. The rate of unemployment in Burghwallis is both higher than the average for and higher than the national average, suggesting that finding a job in this area maybe hard. The rate of claiming any benefit (which includes in work benefits) is more than 25% higher in Burghwallis than the national average, suggesting that many people maybe under employed or on a low salary.

What part of ' Personally, I don't care one way or the other what his family's personal finances are ' do you have problems understanding?

As for ' it does seem incredibly important to you ' have another look at your post above and take another guess as to which of us it is important to.

A statement was made ' Jeremy is a poor lad from Donny ' I responded by pointing out that he was neither poor nor from Donny.

Both of those points are true, he came from a village 6 miles from Doncaster and his family were well off in comparison with the majority of the population.

Answer three questions, firstly take another look at his childhood home including the pictures of the interior and external views.

Question number one, does that house look like the home of a pit worker or a poor man?

Question number two, do the houses for sale in this link look as though they are situated in a deprived rundown pit village?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rightmove.co.uk%2Fproperty-for-sale%2FBurghwallis.html&ei=so4IVaLoHeOR7Aa39IGIAg&usg=AFQjCNEd9kkkoYgm986NL1kdeFUUNrajeg&bvm=bv.88198703,d.ZGU

Question three, did Clarkson benefit from coming from a well off family and gain opportunities not available to most people of his generation?

I see the class warriors are out. Jeez.
Actually the reference to "Jeremy being a poor lad from Donny" was posted by me as a tongue in cheek p88s take,it would seem obvious to all that Clarkson was not as described in the reference!.......However a warrior from the PC leftie brigade has taken upon himself to make mileage out of said post!....like a Jack Russell down a rabbit hole!.......not suprising!

Actually the reference to "Jeremy being a poor lad from Donny" was posted by me as a tongue in cheek p88s take,it would seem obvious to all that Clarkson was not as described in the reference!.......However a warrior from the PC leftie brigade has taken upon himself to make mileage out of said post!....like a Jack Russell down a rabbit hole!.......not suprising!

It was recognised as that by those who have a sense of humour.

No!!!! he is ambidextrous :hihi:

Couple of points, If you're referring to me, I'm not a lefty as I regard communists as deranged and unions as a large part of the reason the countries in a mess.

Neither am I right wing as I regard them as a bunch of mainly bigoted tossers.

Secondly, humour does not translate well on a forum especially if you don't provide a clue such as a smiley, you didn't and have obviously forgotten my reply.

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 22:08 ----------

Rock stars, particularly talented ones are supposed to act like that.

When Jagger became a member of the MCC I was personally disgusted, but as I always rated the Beatles and The Who above the Stones I survived.

Clarksons talent is as a writer, don't know if you've read any of his stuff in the Times but he's good, apart from he spoils it a bit at times by his constant urge to be controversial.

As a 'personality' I find him irritating, boorish schoolboy pranks and childish humour do not appeal to me.

Obviously others disagree and that is entirely their prerogative.

I assume you are attempting to be humorous with the ' poor lad from Donny ' remark?

Jeremys mother made a substantial amount of money from manufacturing Paddington bears and the family had money prior to that.

Privately educated our Jeremy has never wanted for anything and there's nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

His childhood home.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEIQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-2573790%2FJeremy-Clarksons-idyllic-childhood-country-home-sale-595-000-But-Top-Gear-fans-beware-theres-ONE-garage.html&ei=JfEBVdfSAsyP7Ab-x4GAAQ&usg=AFQjCNEMN8Qr0dGxSy3kFpyxXCJwec8F4w&bvm=bv.88198703,d.ZGU

Very nice and not bad for a poor Donny lad. :)

Note the 'attempting to be humorous'

Not a particularly good attempt either. :)

What part of ' Personally, I don't care one way or the other what his family's personal finances are ' do you have problems understanding?

As for ' it does seem incredibly important to you ' have another look at your post above and take another guess as to which of us it is important to.

Oh it has become very important to you. So important I bet you stopped in on Paddy's night instead of going on the razz.

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 00:32 ----------

I see the class warriors are out. Jeez.

Indeed!!!!

Like I was saying.....if you watch the video

You will see a breakdown of why Clarkson, overweight and disgustingly ugly dinosaur that he is, is liked by a certain demographic

Just like the school ground bully, who pokes fun at the weak and the vulnerable, he holds office with the empty-headed and easily led :nod:

Yes, you do sound like one here.