Clarkson suspended by the BBC

I that Jeremy Clarkson is demanding a retraction from the BBC, one of whose executives compared him to Jimmy Saville. (The BBC was not saying Clarkson was a paedophile, but that politicians - including the Prime Minister - were turning a blind eye to Clarkson's bad behaviour, in the same way as people once did with Savile, the now notorious paedophile).

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jeremy-clarkson-instructs-lawyers-over-jimmy-savile-smear/ar-BBilcdP?ocid=iehp

Now Clarkson is within his legal rights to demand a retraction, however given his many colourful statements about other folk over the years, and his fans defence that those who are upset by his colourful statements are just being 'politically correct'. Should Clarkson not take it in his stride and think 'well I've dished out many insults over the years, it's my turn to take it', rather than stamp his feet and wet his knickers that someone's said something he doesn't like? ;)

I that Jeremy Clarkson is demanding a retraction from the BBC, one of whose executives compared him to Jimmy Saville. (The BBC was not saying Clarkson was a paedophile, but that politicians - including the Prime Minister - were turning a blind eye to Clarkson's bad behaviour, in the same way as people once did with Savile, the now notorious paedophile).

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jeremy-clarkson-instructs-lawyers-over-jimmy-savile-smear/ar-BBilcdP?ocid=iehp

Now Clarkson is within his legal rights to demand a retraction, however given his many colourful statements about other folk over the years, and his fans defence that those who are upset by his colourful statements are just being 'politically correct'. Should Clarkson not take it in his stride and think 'well I've dished out many insults over the years, it's my turn to take it', rather than stamp his feet and wet his knickers that someone's said something he doesn't like? ;)

The way of British law is that every case stands on its own. So anyone who feels Clarkson insulted them, assaulted them, robbed them etc is able to seek legal redress, just as he is free to seek the same from others.

Where have I said that it was a pit village?

All I've said is that I didn't consider Clarkson to be one of the silver spoon brigade..his parents worked for what they got and,like it or not,so has Clarkson..

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 13:20 ----------

Does it matter what a house looks like?..? You were talking about the value of it now..what relation does that bear to what it was worth 40+ years ago? Lots of pit villages are in the Domesday Book..Maltby for one..

Your like minded mate was the one going on about pit villages.

What does it matter whether Clarkson's parents worked for their living or not?

It has nothing whatsoever to do with the subject. We were discussing Jeremy, not his parents.

He was born into a family which was well off by normal standards, he benefited by that situation and therefore whether you like it or not he qualifies for the description ' silver spoon' .

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=15&ved=0CDsQFjAEOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.english-for-students.com%2FBorn.html&ei=j9QFVb3_HZHUav7HgbAG&usg=AFQjCNFu3JWRuhoqpN-FsK78JPUMFCLrSw&bvm=bv.88198703,d.d2s

'Does it matter what a house looks like?'

Are you serious? Of course it matters what a house looks like, it's a big part of the valuation.

You are aware that house prices have changed dramatically over the years aren't you?

Despite which they still bear a resemblance to the original price structure.

A large imposing four bedroom house with large garden would have been way outside the financial reach of an ordinary workman and therefore would have been owned by someone who was wealthy at that time.

The exception to that rule is London, where what were workers terraced houses which are in 'gentrified ' areas now cost ridiculous amounts, but that has no bearing on house prices in this neck of the woods.

You are aware that house prices have changed dramatically over the years aren't you?

A large imposing four bedroom house with large garden would have been way outside the financial reach of an ordinary workman and therefore would have been owned by someone who was wealthy at that time.

The exception to that rule is London, where what were workers terraced houses which are in 'gentrified ' areas now cost ridiculous amounts, but that has no bearing on house prices in this neck of the woods.

I'm aware that prices have changed you were the one appearing not to be by quoting the value of Clarkson's parent's home now... it's still for sale by the way http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33802194.html/svr/1123;jsessionid=44CACAE9659437795CA68DEF7AFB22E9...... so who knows what it's worth? Anymore about pit villages and the Domesday book..?

'Does it matter what a house looks like?'

Are you serious? Of course it matters what a house looks like, it's a big part of the valuation.

Surely you can produce a photo of how the house looked in 1965 when Jezza lived there. It is unlikely to look anything like it does now. I bet they replaced the coal fires with central heating. As Jezza has clearly earned millions he would certainly have helped his parents to bring their home up to scratch. It would be a good investment now the pits and slag heaps have gone. That would have drastically increased the investment potential at a time when the bank rate is a mere 0.5%

Actually just looking at your photos again. I'm pretty sure that kitchen looks pretty new as does the bathroom and those dormer windows and probably the extensions too.

Edited by purdy

I'm aware that prices have changed you were the one appearing not to be by quoting the value of Clarkson's parent's home now... it's still for sale by the way http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33802194.html/svr/1123;jsessionid=44CACAE9659437795CA68DEF7AFB22E9...... so who knows what it's worth? Anymore about pit villages and the Domesday book..?

Have you seen photos of Stavely now and 50 years ago. At one time it had a massive iron works, railway sidings and a disgusting Chemical works that was notorious around the world. Now it's surrounded by fields with a nice clean reopened canal to sail on.

Have you seen photos of Stavely now and 50 years ago. At one time it had a massive iron works, railway sidings and a disgusting Chemical works that was notorious around the world. Now it's surrounded by fields with a nice clean reopened canal to sail on.

It's in the Domesday Book as well...

The UK has lost it's moral compass to become a nation of multicultural, emotionally insecure, moral busybodies. It is not for the bbc to decide how much someone else is worth.

for far too long it has appeared that the BBC believes that it is above the law, and that its so-called 'talent' and management are not legally accountable for their actions in the same way as the rest of us. For example, Ross and Brand get away with serious public order offences and nothing is done; and Fry admits to cocaine snorting on BBC premises and no action is taken and no statement is made by BBC officials.:suspect:

btw/'Top Gear' and the 'Big British Bake Off' are the BBC's most popular programmes? God help us all.:help: