Clarkson suspended by the BBC

particularly as Hawes is rumoured on here to be so far off the beaten track that sherpas are required should a car hit a wall.

Just about. :)

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.england.maps2013.co.uk%2Fhawes.html&ei=AucTVb-UK6_g7Qafv4CADg&usg=AFQjCNHRfB320tT2z_YiYiEMb5Hy1lvC8w&bvm=bv.89217033,d.ZGU&cad=rja

If you've never been it's well worth a visit.

Ye jest, I have walked to A&E before with a broken hand and once with a broken collar bone. Should I have waited till Monday to see my GP?

A&E is not just for crash-team cases.

You would have felt better had he dialled 999 and gone in an ambulance? That's how your post reads

Probably walked a fairly short distance, most of which on pavements alongside well lit roads (if not in board daylight) to somewhere you know quite well and with fewer distractions. The producer however, would have had to drive 37 miles in the dark (much of it along unlit rural roads) from the hotel to the nearest A&E in an unfamiliar location (probably using not so infallible technology). Someone needing A&E would have been in quite a bit of pain and this is a distraction that can affect driving competence. He also would have likely acted against the advice of first aiders (it would be complete incompetence if neither the BBC nor the hotel had any). He could have got someone one of the many staff to drive him there. Perhaps in one of the ambulances the team actually built.

Edited by CheekyBandit

Ye jest, I have walked to A&E before with a broken hand and once with a broken collar bone. Should I have waited till Monday to see my GP?

A&E is not just for crash-team cases.

You would have felt better had he dialled 999 and gone in an ambulance? That's how your post reads

Honestly what a fuss over nothing. In my day a real man would have fought Clarkson with sabre toothed tigers tied to sticks on a flimsy rope bridge over the crater of an erupting volcano

As for the incident, this isn't a typical employee/employer relationship - some of the filming was hazardous and involved long hours. Expecting office etiquette to be maintained is a little unrealistic. The correct thing to do would have been to hit him back, and let that be an end to it.

Edited by johncocker

Honestly what a fuss over nothing. In my day a real man would have fought Clarkson with sabre toother tigers tied to sticks on a flimsy rope bridge over the crater of an erupting volcano.

This reminds me of Motorheads drummer 'philthy animal Taylor' who originates from Chesterfield, who when he broke his hand insisted on playing, he had his sticks taped to his hands with gaffer tape, he also played with a neck brace on after a broken neck. eeeeh lad.

Louise Mensch, married to Metallicas manager I believe.

Edited by crazybaby

You may have missed the earlier post in which I said that I want him to retain his job with TG in order to prevent his appearance on other more enjoyable shows?

Why would it bother me who presents a show that I don't watch?

It's that acumen thing again, Jeremy is right, he has his audience well sussed. :)

if you hate him so much isn't enough to simply not watch TG ?- why is it necessary to post comment after comment on a program/presenter you don't even watch?:suspect:

Edited by esme
quote tags

Louise Mensch sounds a bit thick...

When asked "Serious? You think it's okay to hit someone, at work or anywhere else? Wimps if we say violence is unacceptable? Peace & love"

She replied "yes, I definitely do think it is OK. Between equally matched, and no serious harm done? Yep."

She seriously thinks a 'nobody' working for the BBC, could freely fight back (physically and verbally) against JC after being attacked by him, and not suffer any consequences?

No, they are not evenly matched at all. JC has a lot more political clout, friends in high places who can pull strings, and value in terms of potential to generate revenue for the BBC...

Oh sorry, I mean 'had' potential to generate revenue. Can't say I'm sad he's gone! :banana::banana:

---------- Post added 26-03-2015 at 14:07 ----------

Louise Mensch, married to Metallicas manager I believe.

Who has a metallic ass? Robby the robot?