Clarkson suspended by the BBC

The boost from the new show will only be short lived though, in 6-9 months time after it's released it won't really be bringing in that many new subscriptions.

At which point they can syndicate it off to TV channels across the world and rake in lots more money.

I don't doubt they would syndicate it eventually but releasing it too soon it will encourage people to wait for it to appear on another channel and not subscribe to Amazon Prime. The Beeb didn't have this problem, being geographically limited they could sell the right to broadcast in other countries straight away.

If new Chris Evans Top Gear doesn't do very well there will be even more of a market for new (old) style programs.

The corollary to that is if it does well, it reduces the market for Clarkson's new show.

From Nagel's link:

However, we live or die depending on the quality of our ideas so wit and creativity are even more essential.

So in other words you must be good at joking around and making things up. Sounds like their show will be the same as all the others.

So in other words you must be good at joking around and making things up.

and be willing to be sworn at for twenty minutes, then get punched in the face because we're late for dinner because we spent all day in the pub.

and be willing to be sworn at for twenty minutes, then get punched in the face because we're late for dinner because we spent all day in the pub.

or perhaps get someone who is good at the job and manages to arrange dinner for the folk who he is employed to feed.

or perhaps get someone who is good at the job and manages to arrange dinner for the folk who he is employed to feed.

Why don't you do the job then?

And lay on a full dinner ready for 8pm?

And then wait while Her Royal Highness Queen Jezza flies in on her Royal helicopter at 10pm, after the head cook has gone home?

But she doesn't want to eat the cold meats that are left, she wants steak instead.

After she's spent all afternoon drinking in the pub.

So she proceeds so insult you for twenty minutes, then she punches you in the face.

Do it, you might find it a bit of a turn-on, getting slapped around by a big hairy Northern bloke.

Why don't you do the job then?

And lay on a full dinner ready for 8pm?

And then wait while Her Royal Highness Queen Jezza flies in on her Royal helicopter at 10pm, after the head cook has gone home?

But she doesn't want to eat the cold meats that are left, she wants steak instead.

After she's spent all afternoon drinking in the pub.

So she proceeds so insult you for twenty minutes, then she punches you in the face.

Do it, you might find it a bit of a turn-on, getting slapped around by a big hairy Northern bloke.

oh what a touchy one you are.

i don't need to do that job as i did a rather better one. but i expect that should someone be employed to provide dinner then that's what they do. no excuses for any violence but on the plus side it might be what saved the incompetent his job. it certainly doesn't appear to have held clarkson back either and i expect his pay might have increased rather more than the guy who failed to arrange dinner, which isn't that complicated in a hotel.

i don't need to do that job as i did a rather better one. but i expect that should someone be employed to provide dinner then that's what they do. no excuses for any violence but on the plus side it might be what saved the incompetent his job. it certainly doesn't appear to have held clarkson back either and i expect his pay might have increased rather more than the guy who failed to arrange dinner, which isn't that complicated in a hotel.

Is that the only thing the job requires you to do? Make dinner? Please clarify.

Because I'll have his dinner ready for 8pm.

And if he turns up late because he spent all day drinking in the pub, he'll have a nice black eye and a saucepan-sized dent in his head too.

Is that the only thing the job requires you to do? Make dinner? Please clarify.

Because I'll have his dinner ready for 8pm.

And if he turns up late because he spent all day drinking in the pub, he'll have a nice black eye [i and[/i] a saucepan-sized dent in his head too.

well if even you could do it it probably isn't that complex. it must be very galling for you that clarkson's politics are the wrong ones to suit you and he seems to make so much money from being himself.

Even Clarkson has said Tymon did nothing wrong. Stop trying to excuse the prima donna behaviour displayed by Clarkson under the influence of alcohol.