The Albion - London Road

AMRBB

The Albion serves a great selection of cask ales, draft beers and bottled Craft Beers.

Its fast becoming a place for couples at the weekends, beautifully candle lite and great music... why not give it a go this weekend ;-)

facebook: The Albion

75 London Road, S2 4LE

• 2 weeks later...

i dont wish to sound critical, and i do really wish this reopening well, but can i plead with you to get a different sign for this pub! i am 99% sure this as it is is putting potential customers off. the cheap looking plastic sign and lettering make it look like a takeaway, I'd almost guarantee that if you replaced this with a nice, tasteful traditional pub sign, painted on wood or whatever, you will see trade increase.

especially as the Beer Engine is reopening which will introduce competition for exactly that market.

Hi Morris minor

Thanks for your post. We agree about the sign. as you can imagine when an independent business like The Albion opens us, it usually does so on a very tight budget. Thats been the case with us. We are looking at improving the sign in the future as well as developing the back of the pub into a very large outdoor area with another bar etc

Thanks for popping in, we hope you found a friendly welcome and atmosphere when you did.

all the best.

The Albion

i dont wish to sound critical, and i do really wish this reopening well, but can i plead with you to get a different sign for this pub! i am 99% sure this as it is is putting potential customers off. the cheap looking plastic sign and lettering make it look like a takeaway, I'd almost guarantee that if you replaced this with a nice, tasteful traditional pub sign, painted on wood or whatever, you will see trade increase.

especially as the Beer Engine is reopening which will introduce competition for exactly that market.

It will actually be quite interesting to see how the dynamics develop - With the Cremorne, Albion and Beer Engine forming a good beer crawl it may bring more drinkers to London Road overall benefitting all three pubs.

Its still early days for the new Albion but match days aside has potential to be somewhere to chill out with good ale. Perhaps the Albion should move away from just dealing with Abbeydale and have a changing range?

Edited by Andy C

We have just introduced our Brand New Wine Menu at the Albion, great selection of Red's, Whites, Rose and for those who like a little sparkle some very nice single serve Prosecco... Why not pop in this Easter ;-)