Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

I don't think the decor is anything particularly bad. It's a lived in home, and 99% of people will buy a home with the aim of gradually decorating it throughout.

I think the main issue is the fact that it's a 3 bed, as others have mentioned. You can by 3 beds for less, and 4 beds for a similar price, which means you're looking for a very particular buyer and will have to be patient.

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 17:16 ----------

Maybe emphasise that you've got 3 generously sized double bedrooms (just)

To be fair looking at it properly it looks OK. Got a big garden too. The other one has only a small yard.

I'd say it's the location. S5. And too much money.

I think it's a very nicely presented interior.

Can I suggest a couple of pots with some colour to liven up the front and the back door aspects of the house?

Also, in the description, I didn't seem to see much (or any?) reference to your solar panels in the house description which I think could also be a good selling point, that could may be be highlighted a little more, in terms of the benefits.

Edited by Mr Bloom

At first glance it seems ultra modern and well-designed, although not everyone wants ultra modern, of course.However, these things may be putitng people off:

The 'blurb' is amateurish - did the estate agent write this?

Only the main bedroom is a decent size - the other two are small (9' x 8' ish).

The wall-writing is squirmy - I'd get rid of it. The tangerine is a bit much, too.

I can tell you what the problem is....Haybrooks!

They are without doubt THE worst estate agent I've ever dealt with. We too tried to sell a house via Haybrooks and throughout the entire contracted period we were with them (which I believe was only 16 weeks back then), we didn't get one viewer! Whenever we complained, it was usually followed by a booking to view the house a few days after the complaint so we'd do the big 'show home' clean up, fresh flowers etc and wait in but no one would show up! They never called to update us on what they were doing, we only spoke when I called them.

Plus we requested to view a home on their books and we were told that it wouldn't be suitable for us due to the garden not matching what we'd previously told them we'd like. I told them that I'll be the judge of that on the viewing and apparently, the owners were away so a viewing was not possible! So, maybe people want to view your home but are being given the fob off by Haybrook???

As soon as the tie in period was up, we switched to Blundells (as we've sold a property through them previously) who got us 12 viewings over approx a 3 month period and subsequently sold the house.

Blundells are very good but expensive, however I do suppose you get what you pay for.

Fingers crossed that they book their ideas up and do a better job for you than they did for us, otherwise, just hang on in there and switch agents ASAP. Good luck

Edited by Grenoside123

I can tell you what the problem is....Haybrooks!

They are without doubt THE worst estate agent I've ever dealt with. We too tried to sell a house via Haybrooks and throughout the entire contracted period we were with them (which I believe was only 16 weeks back then), we didn't get one viewer! Whenever we complained, it was usually followed by a booking to view the house a few days after the complaint so we'd do the big 'show home' clean up, fresh flowers etc and wait in but no one would show up! They never called to update us on what they were doing, we only spoke when I called them.

Plus we requested to view a home on their books and we were told that it wouldn't be suitable for us due to the garden not matching what we'd previously told them we'd like. I told them that I'll be the judge of that on the viewing and apparently, the owners were away so a viewing was not possible! So, maybe people want to view your home but are being given the fob off by Haybrook???

As soon as the tie in period was up, we switched to Blundells (as we've sold a property through them previously) who got us 12 viewings over approx a 3 month period and subsequently sold the house.

Blundells are very good but expensive, however I do suppose you get what you pay for.

Fingers crossed that they book their ideas up and do a better job for you than they did for us, otherwise, just hang on in there and switch agents ASAP. Good luck

Had some bad experiences with Haybrook for lettings. Blundells were not much better tbh.

I think most agents are just happy to get your money, and not do a great deal on the back-end.

The place we ended up buying was advertised through Hunters, they were really good to deal with to be fair.

If you asked for a viewing or some information they got straight on the case and phoned you back a couple of minutes later.

Made the process of putting in an offer and negotiating on price slightly weird, went back and forth a couple of times but took no longer than 15 minutes in total.