Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-48280798.html?

Thanks guys, yes this is ours.

If people actually come and have a look they will see that it is:-

Compared to new builds -

The estate/cul-de-sac is a lot smaller and more private.

The houses are not as close together and have more space to park

Ours is a corner plot - private enclosed large rear garden and patio area.

Compare to the 4 bed -

This will be a matter of personal preferance due to the position

Private corner plot with recently renewed fence installed.

Larger rooms (although 3 bedrooms)

Recent fully fitted modern new family bathroom

Recent fully fitted wardrobes in master bedroom

:help:

I agree that yours looks more modern however for some the fact it is 4 bed and £5k cheaper will make them compare the two and see the 4 bed as the better option. Some may think the same as you in regards to modern fittings, but all though the other house isn't as modern it seems like it is usable (obviously not visited so can't be sure) it's not like it needs ripping out immediately.

To me if the house is presented well (yours seems good to me from the photos) but your not having any viewings then there is only one conclusion - the price is wrong. If the price was right I am sure you would have had a viewing by now.

I'd agree that people who don't know the immediate area will be put off by the location when they look at the map/streetview without visiting.

I can see in the pictures that you have solar panels installed but no mention of these in the details. I wouldn't buy a house with these installed unless you were able to provide an up to date agreement of the ongoing costs and how long the house is tied into a contract so it may be worth mentioning more details about these in the listing.

You should get more interest now you are in the lower bracket, I would imagine any initial offers will come in around your purchase price.

No expert, but it looks quite individually decorated. If you were going into a home you would want to put your stamp on it and redecorate. Maybe you priced with all the work you have done in mind?

And like others say there is a 4 bed for 5 grand less.

No expert, but it looks quite individually decorated. If you were going into a home you would want to put your stamp on it and redecorate. Maybe you priced with all the work you have done in mind?

And like others say there is a 4 bed for 5 grand less.

I don't think the decor is anything particularly bad. It's a lived in home, and 99% of people will buy a home with the aim of gradually decorating it throughout.

I think the main issue is the fact that it's a 3 bed, as others have mentioned. You can by 3 beds for less, and 4 beds for a similar price, which means you're looking for a very particular buyer and will have to be patient.

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 17:16 ----------

Maybe emphasise that you've got 3 generously sized double bedrooms (just)

Just checked out the two that sold, the last one had a garden on one level which appeals more to me. The house overall has a nicer feel in the photos. Went for 175k the one before sold for 170k and looks like the same style of house as yours. They both only sold in summer last year. You want an extra 30k for what? Not trying to be harsh but you need to be realistic chances are you will have a very long wait unless you get very lucky and someone views and falls in love with it. But as it stands you have struggled to get viewers and I think you will keep struggling unless you significantly lower the price.

I have noticed properties have shot up in price in the last 6 months.

I am looking for a property in S6 but it seems everything has had £10k slapped on last years prices.

The economy is picking up but wages need to start going up before another property boom.