Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

Thanks for all your comments.............good and bad :rolleyes:

I have been continually comparing with other properties and in the end it all comes down to the fact that our house is a fairly new house but the rooms are a lot bigger than new builds in the area, bigger garden etc

Location - quiet cul-de-sac private corner plot

Recently fully re-furbed, decorated, flooring, windows, doors and garden

So, its really down to personal preferance......buy a house that is priced as ours is or buy a house that needs another 10 to 20k spending on it to modernise........:|

I have been continually comparing with other properties and in the end it all comes down to the fact that our house is a fairly new house but the rooms are a lot bigger than new builds in the area, bigger garden etc

Really? Two of your three bedrooms are less than 9 ft x 9 ft. That is not large.

Even if it's so, many new houses have diminutive bedrooms in order to maximise how many there are.

It would nonetheless be delusional to believe that bedrooms measuring approx. 9' x 9' are 'a lot bigger' than bedrooms in newbuilds.

You could buy a larger house for under 100k in another white working class area of Sheffield (to the South East) upon a larger plot of land.

I suppose this is in essence the problem. - People are no longer tied to areas and will happily move further out and commute if necessary.

It would nonetheless be delusional to believe that bedrooms measuring approx. 9' x 9' are 'a lot bigger' than bedrooms in newbuilds.

If the newbuilds have rooms that are 7 * 8 then it's 44% larger. That's "a lot" IMO.

---------- Post added 20-04-2015 at 13:11 ----------

You could buy a larger house for under 100k in another white working class area of Sheffield (to the South East) upon a larger plot of land.

I suppose this is in essence the problem. - People are no longer tied to areas and will happily move further out and commute if necessary.

Different areas have different property prices, no surprise there, but people generally decide on the area they want to live first, and then search for a house appropriate to their budget, the house isn't competing with what's available in other less desirable areas.

I have to say I am surprised that the house is STC. Either I was completely wrong about it being over priced or the OP got lucky. I'm thinking OP got lucky but I would say that wouldn't I?

The sold price will be easy to find on Rightmove/Zoopla.

Takes a few months for it to update.