Nobody wants to view my house ! :-(

The sold price will be easy to find on Rightmove/Zoopla.

Takes a few months for it to update.

I meant more that they were lucky to attract someone to buy it with it being, in my opinion, overpriced and therefore putting people off viewing.

I meant more that they were lucky to attract someone to buy it with it being, in my opinion, overpriced and therefore putting people off viewing.

Worth is what someone will pay for it, so if it did sell for the asking price, then it wasn't overpriced.

Worth is what someone will pay for it, so if it did sell for the asking price, then it wasn't overpriced.

True but if they need a mortgage then the valuer needs to agree it's worth that much too. Only time will tell on that one.

If the newbuilds have rooms that are 7 * 8 then it's 44% larger. That's "a lot" IMO..

But 44% of a poky little hole is still pretty poky. Believe me, if a house has bedrooms which are 7' x 8', it is going to be claustrophobically small for anyone over the age of about 11...and 9' x 9' doesn't feel much bigger. It is still smaller than the average single study bedroom in a University Hall of Residence.

You can't be intending to argue that a near 50% increase in size is NOT a room that is "a lot" larger?

Whether both rooms are still uncomfortably small isn't really the point...

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 07:23 ----------

I went back to the first post with the comparable 4-bed, the smallest bedroom is 8'4" by 6'3"... That's a very tiny room.

The other rooms are all comparable though, so the claim that they were bigger in the 3 bed doesn't seem to be true.

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 07:25 ----------

The 4 bed does have a tiny rear garden though, the 3 bed has a small, but larger garden.

Gardens don't really factor in house prices as much as they used to tho, you'll get some people actively seeking out smaller gardens due to the minimal upkeep required.

I prefer them as large as possible, but others think quite the opposite.

You can't be intending to argue that a near 50% increase in size is NOT a room that is "a lot" larger?

Whether both rooms are still uncomfortably small isn't really the point...

I disagree. It is the point. It's probably one of the reasons people are being put off the house.

Most people want a guest room which can accommodate a double bed, these days.

Edited by aliceBB

How MUCH larger must something be before you'll allow a description of "a lot larger" then?

Personally 50% larger is enough for me. What size guest room people want isn't the point, semantically 50% larger is "a lot larger".