Anyone know anything about a painter named Francia Pia?

No art knowledge whatsoever!! but your painting is intriguing me! do still feel that this is a landscape of Pia in France - in the Pyrenees, which explains the mountains - rather than it being the artists name. There is a Palazzo della Provincia in San Francesco, Italy. And the Italian on the back of the painting roughly translated would seem to say that this painting was exhibited there and "in asti dal giorno ral" on auction day. How did it get to Clay Cross?? Would suggest you go to an Antiques Roadshow - there's one at Bolsover Castle on 9th July. Fingers crossed you make your fortune. :)

Thanks for the reply I think you have the most likely answer to this mystery painting. Bolsover is not far away will take it their worth a bit or not would like to know more about it.

• 4 months later...
Thanks for the reply I think you have the most likely answer to this mystery painting. Bolsover is not far away will take it their worth a bit or not would like to know more about it.

Hi, crookedspire. Did you ever take your painting to the Antiques Roadshow? Would love to know the result.