Peugeot glove box won't open

Hi

I have a Peugeot 307 and the glove box won't open, does anyone have any ideas of how to force it open, we have been wedging screw drivers in and trying to force it, bit its not working and we are worried about setting the air bag off.

Don't airbags get triggered by a specific part of the chassis being impacted? And isn't the charge a form of explosive rather than electrical charge? I'd say the best way is to give the car back to the rightful owners. (Damn, still need green font for sarcastic posts!).

OP, how come it is closed, is it locked?

Hi

I have a Peugeot 307 and the glove box won't open, does anyone have any ideas of how to force it open, we have been wedging screw drivers in and trying to force it, bit its not working and we are worried about setting the air bag off.

Try pressing the latch!

Sheffield forum... Helpful as always. Draining car batteries doesn't always stop air bags from working. The car isn't knicked and the glove box is unlocked, just won't open, apparently a common occurrence in Peugeot cars. I just wondered if anybody had experienced the same thing or had any advice.

Sheffield forum... Helpful as always. Draining car batteries doesn't always stop air bags from working. The car isn't knicked and the glove box is unlocked, just won't open, apparently a common occurrence in Peugeot cars. I just wondered if anybody had experienced the same thing or had any advice.

Perhaps you should try a Pug forum if it is a common occurrence...

http://www.peugeotforums.com/

As a regular of that forum and a long standing 307 owner I can confirm it is not a common occurrence.

And a weak battery will result in electrical glitches, such as disabling the airbags, power steering not kicking in and various other issues.

When you change the fuel filter, if you don't top up the reservoir and prime the fuel system it will take ages to turn over and after about 20 seconds of cranking the airbags will deactivate as the car enters "economy mode" to save battery power for starting.

If you unclip the small piece of carpet trim in the passenger footwell just below the bottom of the glove box you should see some screws. Unscrew them and you should be able to withdraw the glove box for access and repair.

Edited by alchresearch