Grease for a CV joint

I am not sure that’s the best way forward. £100 all in to replace or get one from a scrap yard. If it is worn why would you want to grease it?

You know it is only temporarily hiding a problem. Takes me back to the days when the tappets would titter tatter. Tap, tap, tap, tap, put thick oil to shut it up. It will not sort the problem.

---------- Post added 13-03-2015 at 23:56 ----------

When I was a kid I started my first business that way. Lost everything. Was bodging cars all day all night. Get it done proper!!!

Yea you're right I know. I can possibly get a used shaft in good nick for about £30 so why bother with a temporary bodge? I was asking about grease in the hope someone knew of some magic stuff that would fix the problem. I must have been dreaming. OK I'll get new shafts. Thanks again guys.

Yea you're right I know. I can possibly get a used shaft in good nick for about £30 so why bother with a temporary bodge? I was asking about grease in the hope someone knew of some magic stuff that would fix the problem. I must have been dreaming. OK I'll get new shafts. Thanks again guys.

You can usually get a band new CV joint for about £25 or less, the shaft itself shouldn't really be worn. Have a look on Euro Car parts' site for a quick price, then shop around for an even better price.

What sort of grease is suitable for packing a worn CV joint on a car? Does anyons happen to know the maker's type number and a supplier, please

Packing a worn joint? No offence but if your doing that what other bodge jobs have you done on your car?