Dear Forum.. I am being harrassed

Would this be one of the partners you are considering living with? See your other thread.

Dear Forum... is the forum anonymising service. The threads are not likely to be from the same person- everybody wishing to ask a question anonymously goes through the same account.

Would this be one of the partners you are considering living with? See your other thread.

How on earth can you see any link between tonight's two 'Dear Forum' posts :huh:

Remarkable deduction powers if you're right however they have two very different grammar styles and I can see absolutely nothing to link them.

Dear Forum... is the forum anonymising service. The threads are not likely to be from the same person- everybody wishing to ask a question anonymously goes through the same account.

Thanks for explaining. But surely any forum username is anonymous, isn't it? (Unless someone uses their real name, which isn't recommended).

dear forum

i am being harassed by someone and they will not stop.

i have contacted the police but this person is making lies up so it looks like we are retaliating when we are not.

how do i get this to stop?

If you have a mobile phone and they come to your door record them from a window. If you open the door make sure the mobile phone is set to record audio. Without more information I am not sure anyone can help you.

How on earth can you see any link between tonight's two 'Dear Forum' posts :huh:

Remarkable deduction powers if you're right however they have two very different grammar styles and I can see absolutely nothing to link them.

No psychic powers claimed, I simply wasn't aware of the 'Dear Forum' facility.

Thanks for explaining. But surely any forum username is anonymous, isn't it? (Unless someone uses their real name, which isn't recommended).

OK, say you're a regular poster on the forum and well known as a forummer. You have something personal/sensitive that you want to post that you don't want the people you regularly debate with to know is from you. That's where 'Dear Forum' comes in.