Maximus, the new Atos.

Has anyone been seen by maximums yet?

Does anyone think this new lot will be any better than Atos?

Atos made some stupid mistakes. Pronouncing cancer patients fit for work to name just one. However they were also doing some good work. We have in this country too many people "on the sick" when they could be working. You only have to look at "white dee" too depressed to work yet appeared on Big brother, Benefit Street and is well enough to get tanked up abroad.

Yes they are not perfect and we do want a better system than atos but we still need to take on the shirkers.

Atos made some stupid mistakes. Pronouncing cancer patients fit for work to name just one. However they were also doing some good work. We have in this country too many people "on the sick" when they could be working. You only have to look at "white dee" too depressed to work yet appeared on Big brother, Benefit Street and is well enough to get tanked up abroad.

Yes they are not perfect and we do want a better system than atos but we still need to take on the shirkers.

I agree but we need a fair system, which doesn't discriminate against real disabled people. Programs like benefits street are designed to wind us up. White Dee is only one person, so it is hard to use her as an example of everyone on benefits. She has become the face of benefits, but I wish that programs like what she appeared in, gave a more fairer picture. Its hard to know what good work autos did, as it was littered with controversy front the start. Staff lied, had little medical teaming, midwives assessing mental patients. I just hope maximus is going to be different, but can not see it. The medical itself is what is at fault, as it one form fits all approach, which can never work, but they got rid of the wrong thing. They should get rid of the WCA.

In defence of White Dee, she was already off benefits when she did all the things mentioned, and was drinking soft drinks when abroad. You don't want to believe everything you read in the tabloids.

As for depression, you obviously know nothing about it, and how it affects different people. There are a number of seriously debilitating illnesses that are not immediately obvious.

I agree but we need a fair system, which doesn't discriminate against real disabled people. Programs like benefits street are designed to wind us up. White Dee is only one person, so it is hard to use her as an example of everyone on benefits. She has become the face of benefits, but I wish that programs like what she appeared in, gave a more fairer picture. Its hard to know what good work autos did, as it was littered with controversy front the start. Staff lied, had little medical teaming, midwives assessing mental patients. I just hope maximus is going to be different, but can not see it. The medical itself is what is at fault, as it one form fits all approach, which can never work, but they got rid of the wrong thing. They should get rid of the WCA.

If it was just one person then that would be fine. These programmes highlight the problems with the benefit system that need sorting out. So they wont target the innocent people just trying to get a job and pay their way.

Like this lovely chap who is trying his best to work. I do hope someone employs him I would happily work for someone who was as committed as him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3000402/GiveBenAJob-Mother-takes-Twitter-work-son-s-syndrome-hundreds-join-campaign.html

As for White Dee being a rare example. Thats not true. How do Jerremy Kyle manage to get so many guests. And many more they have to refuse as they are too extreme.

Also yes they are still a small group but the amount of trouble these groups cause is appalling. Not only are they on benefits but they also commit crime and procreate at an alarming rate.

As for depression I have suffered it myself and its not nice. However I am appalled at people who use it as an excuse to skive and they do. So it casts a bad light on those genuine people suffering who need help.