Local knuckle heads

I am sure your dad will already know this, but if not, let him know that Mick Martin died about two years ago.

I remember your dad from the mid 80's, I think he trained in Taekwondo with Martin Horton and Gerald Colley, then later he had the Bell Hagg pub near Crosspool.

Hi Grappler, He was Karate mainly but your right, he trained with Martyn in Taekwondo for years too. I get married next year and Martyn is making a speach on my dads behalf. He is also my business partner.

small world mate

John

Hi Young John

I am so pleased to hear that your dad is alive and kicking even if he is not in the best of health. I have had word from time to time over the past few years from Cliff an associate of your dads.

I knew your dad when he was very young & living on Leppings Lane at Hillsborough yes that long ago, his mum was a very nice lady and worked so hard even though she was very ill. John was devastated when she died.

For a while he was a very unhappy boy. x

Hi Boozy bird,

Thank you for your post. My dad would never really speak of his childhood so when i hear things like this i fill up. I'll let my sisters know ive spoken on here they will be grateful too.

thanks xx

Hi Grappler, He was Karate mainly but your right, he trained with Martyn in Taekwondo for years too. I get married next year and Martyn is making a speach on my dads behalf. He is also my business partner.

small world mate

John

Very small world mate, I saw Martyn recently as well!

Hope all goes well for your big day next year.

• 1 month later...
yep, its the same keith littlewood:hihi:

I think the guy you are refering to is frankie barron ex boxer he did all the pubs round penistone rd and upperthorpe area with that massive suitcase on his shoulder...He used to say I'll fight any man in the hse then he'd show you a picture from his top pocket of him when he was young in shorts and boxing gloves...