Local knuckle heads

dennis hobson owned a scrap yard on manor lane, more recently was the landlord of the frecheville hotel i knew dennis from the pubs my father used to run, I also knew ray morgan very well his eldest son mick used to have the mediteranean restaurant on sharowvale road hes still a chef in the restaurant game but not sure where now his younger son raymond joined the navy,

ray lived for quite a while on erskine road arbourthorne ( just round the corner from one of his sparring partners another character gerald scarface mullen ) he now lives in linconshire where he took a pub , but i dont believe he has it now ,

I`ve seen many so called big hitters pay the price for underestimating both of these blokes but to me they were always spot on I never saw either man start a fight only finish it

ps ray morgan now lives on a boat in linconshire

When i split with the missus about 10 years ago,Dennis let me live in his pub in Frecheville.I stayed there about 8 months.Had some good laughs with Dennis and his mates.Dennis is a really nice bloke.

Digressing from the thread a little bit but wern't the 50to 70's great times.I and my mates drank in town and knew of these lads but they never bothered anybody who didn't bother them.Everybody then seemed to get on with each other when out having a drink in town ,ok there was the occasional bust up but what good times compared to todays morons that are knocking about.

• 7 months later...
Here's another Sheffield 6 case! John Chidlow,late of the Bell Hag Inn,Crosspool!...........I was going to say don't mess with me ,because Littlewood and Chidlow were both known to me,but sadly I think they have both done it!
Last I heard mossdog, John C was still alive, but not in the best of health.

Does anybody remember Sheffield 6 hardcase ,Keith Sydney Littlewood (Lit's) lots of local folklore about him.

I know he used to be a grammer school boy, got expelled from king edwards in the 50's or 60's .I saw him win a bet in the park hotel with a swiss tourist during the world cup in the sixtys . the bet was if he could sing the swiss national anthem .which he preceeded to do in swiss.

Digressing from the thread a little bit but wern't the 50to 70's great times.I and my mates drank in town and knew of these lads but they never bothered anybody who didn't bother them.Everybody then seemed to get on with each other when out having a drink in town ,ok there was the occasional bust up but what good times compared to todays morons that are knocking about.

Sorry mate, I had to have a chuckle at the thought of Dennis Hobson and Ray Morgan getting on with each other during one of their many set to's. :hihi:

they'd just use them for target practist