Stagecoach bus refuse to pick up football supporters.

At 5.P.M.this evening a large queue of football supporters where stood at the 79a bus stop out side Hillsborough football ground.

The bus arrived around five mins late but then the driver refused to stop and let the passengers on.

This caused a near riot as people stood in front of the bus and banged on the sides in an attempt to get the driver to let them on.

All to no avail .

A woman phoned the bus company on 01142465555 to be told that the next bus would be due in a few mins and would pick them up.

The next bus did the same and went straight past.

The queue dispersed to make other arrangements as to getting home inc family's with kids and a old bloke with walking problems.

I eventually caught the bus two stops further on and asked the driver why he ignored the queue , his reply being that he was under orders not to stop at the Wednesday ground stop, He was very apologetic about the situation and I realised that the blame lay at Stage coach management .

When I rang the office their reply was "no worries pal get the next one"

By the way the first buses were stopping at the same stop "no worries pal'

So they were banging on the windows and sides? I wouldnt have let them on either

So you do not think that PUBLIC transport buses should actually stop at a bus stop to pick up its customers then?

No one banged on the side until the driver refused to stop ,there was

family's with kids as well as disabled folk waiting for the bus:loopy:

So you do not think that PUBLIC transport buses should actually stop at a bus stop to pick up its customers then?

No one banged on the side until the driver refused to stop ,there was

family's with kids as well as disabled folk waiting for the bus:loopy:

So you think it is acceptable to physically attack a bus if it doesn't stop?

Any order from management will be best on the behaviour of fans in previous weeks. If they have been naughty boys and girls then the bus won't stop.

Football fans are fast becoming scum in this city - vile, foul mouthed loners who get wasted every home match because they have nothing else in their life to occupy them.

Guest sibon

Football fans are fast becoming scum in this city - vile, foul mouthed loners who get wasted every home match because they have nothing else in their life to occupy them.

Roy Hattersley wasn't at Hillsborough this afternoon:rolleyes:

So you think it is acceptable to physically attack a bus if it doesn't stop?

Any order from management will be best on the behaviour of fans in previous weeks. If they have been naughty boys and girls then the bus won't stop.

We catch that bus at that time every week and there has not been any trouble whatsoever.

The trouble was caused by Stagecoach.

Your generalisation of football supporters is pretty typical of your posting on these forums.

By the way one set of those loners at the bus stop where a family of five,mom dad and three kids .

Guest sibon
We catch that bus at that time every week and there has not been any trouble whatsoever.

Your generalisation of football supporters is pretty typical of your posting on these forums.

By the way one set of those loners at the bus stop where a family of five,mom dad and three kids .

Don't rise to her provocation, Cuttsie.

She's made herself look stupid so many times, that I doubt that anyone takes her posts seriously.

There can't have been any trouble after the match today. I'd have thought that most people would have been asleep after watching that rubbish.

But there could have been trouble at a bus stop close by.

Stagecoach will then tell drivers not to stop at a number of stops, as people can move from one stop to the next easily.

There has been a problem otherwise the bus would have stopped.

It is not a generalisation of football supporters The language and behaviour from most supporters is disgusting. Both city clubs are bad for it, whilst at the same time promoting themselves as family clubs.

Sorry if my posts are difficult for you but I do believe if people started to educate themselves a bit more, then there wouldn't be the need for them. If i were you I would have got home and forgot about it, rather than ranting and raving on a public forum.

---------- Post added 14-03-2015 at 19:27 ----------

Don't rise to her provocation, Cuttsie.

She's made herself look stupid so many times, that I doubt that anyone takes her posts seriously.

There can't have been any trouble after the match today. I'd have thought that most people would have been asleep after watching that rubbish.

Someone else who needs to educate themselves.

There may have been no trouble this week. But if there has been trouble in previous weeks then the call will have been made not to stop.

The club need to make an announcement to fans to be well behaved on buses, and not to kick them. Then the buses might stop again.

We get on that bus every home game and their has never been a problem people come out of the game early to get back to chapeltown but today for some reason the driver would not let people on so can stagecoach let's know why and we can use first buses if they don't want our custom