Stagecoach bus refuse to pick up football supporters.

I think if you read original post and subsequent ones. It was stagecoach who refused to stop on orders of the Management and First were still stopping to pick passengers up

That is right it was me who made the original post.

First buses were stopping at that stop.

If Stagecoach do come out and say they didn't stop because of the perceived threat of trouble at that stop or near the ground, the actions of some of those at the queue who started attacking the bus does give a bit of backing to Stagecoach's decision, as there clearly were some disruptive influences in that queue (as well as the families), and the driver would have to think of the safety of those already on board.

Cuttsie, how full was the first bus from what you could see - is it possible it was maybe 90% full, and as the driver knew a colleague would be along in a few minutes with another bus, he went straight on instead rather than getting bogged down? I've seen in the past (on the 52 route towards town) that they sometimes act like a team, one will stop off while the next goes onto the next stop, to keep ahead of the rival company (from both First and Stagecoach). I'm sure the guy in the office couldn't care less, as they knew there were plenty of buses around there, and as you said, the queue melted away quickly.

If Stagecoach do come out and say they didn't stop because of the perceived threat of trouble at that stop or near the ground, the actions of some of those at the queue who started attacking the bus does give a bit of backing to Stagecoach's decision, as there clearly were some disruptive influences in that queue (as well as the families), and the driver would have to think of the safety of those already on board.

Cuttsie, how full was the first bus from what you could see - is it possible it was maybe 90% full, and as the driver knew a colleague would be along in a few minutes with another bus, he went straight on instead rather than getting bogged down? I've seen in the past (on the 52 route towards town) that they sometimes act like a team, one will stop off while the next goes onto the next stop, to keep ahead of the rival company (from both First and Stagecoach). I'm sure the guy in the office couldn't care less, as they knew there were plenty of buses around there, and as you said, the queue melted away quickly.

The bus was not attacked unless you think that folk knocking on the door so as telling the driver he was going past a bus stop to be attacking.

The bus was half full.

The following bus did not stop even though the office had told us that it would .The bus stop clearly indicates that the 79a stops there.

There was not any cones or any other indication that the BUS stop had been suspended.

The only bus you can get to Burncross Road is that bus.

As I have already stated the second bus driver could not have been more apologetic about the situation he had been put in.

Perhaps Stage Coach would like to comment as First buses were stopping to pick up their passengers.

Edited by cuttsie

It's utterly irrelevant. Any sizable group of people at a bus stop will likely contain individuals who will bang on the bus if the driver decides to pull away without letting people on.

So you think it is acceptable to physically attack a bus if it doesn't stop?

Any order from management will be best on the behaviour of fans in previous weeks. If they have been naughty boys and girls then the bus won't stop.

Football fans are fast becoming scum in this city - vile, foul mouthed loners who get wasted every home match because they have nothing else in their life to occupy them.

Do you generalise everyone like you have football fans here, I hope no one likes football in your family or non of your friends do, otherwise I would imagine they would be very disappointed with your comments.