Stagecoach bus refuse to pick up football supporters.

This is so true! You only have to remind yourself of the Chelsea football supporters on the Paris Metro with their racist antics.

so tagging all football fans the same very clever just remember football fans come in all types of people children women men etc how big of you trying to be clever .

Guest busdriver1

This has been going on for years, try looking just up the road from there and you will find several stagecoach buses pulled in and waiting for the crowds to subside (get picked up by First) before setting off.

The "manager" spoken too was probably just a junior member of staff as most managers would not be at work on a saturday.

• 3 weeks later...

I witnessed the incident.

There was no aggression at all, until the frustrated would be passengers realised that the driver stopped alongside them, was not going to open the doors. There was adequate space on that bus, for all waiting passengers to board.

Might be a good idea for the driver to remember what his profession actually is , and act accordingly.

If it was on a police directive, then the recent assessment in a courthouse that a commander was "not up to the job", seems to have passed down the line.

Guest sibon
I sent in the Stage Coach inquiry form on line asking them why they treated passengers in this manner. that was over two weeks ago.

The reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still waiting.

You can ask them this afternoon Cuttsie. They'll have to pick you up because there are no trams.

You can ask them this afternoon Cuttsie. They'll have to pick you up because there are no trams.

I have given up on the bus and will now contribute to the daft parking situation that arises on match days at Hillsbro.

The last time I got a ticket for parking to near a junction on Dudley Road ,[15 foot back].

So watch out for the wardens they are not there to advice just like the Stage Coach bus company.

The bus was not attacked unless you think that folk knocking on the door so as telling the driver he was going past a bus stop to be attacking.

The bus was half full.

The following bus did not stop even though the office had told us that it would .The bus stop clearly indicates that the 79a stops there.

There was not any cones or any other indication that the BUS stop had been suspended.

The only bus you can get to Burncross Road is that bus.

As I have already stated the second bus driver could not have been more apologetic about the situation he had been put in.

Perhaps Stage Coach would like to comment as First buses were stopping to pick up their passengers.

"This caused a near riot as people stood in front of the bus and banged on the sides"...

So which was it??

---------- Post added 04-04-2015 at 11:28 ----------

You have proved yourself to be an unreliable witness! I suspect there is a history of football supporters being rowdy and badly behaved so drivers are advised to avoid picking them up if possible. Quite rightly so. The fact a family with kids and an old man with a walking frame was left standing too is purely down to the bad reputation of the fans. No fault of the bus company or driver who can hardly stop and select who to pick up.

I am pleased to be able to report that common sense prevailed yesterday.

The driver was doing his job, plod had kept his nose out, and passengers were being picked up.

---------- Post added 05-04-2015 at 18:15 ----------

[/color]You have proved yourself to be an unreliable witness! I suspect there is a history of football supporters being rowdy and badly behaved so drivers are advised to avoid picking them up if possible. Quite rightly so. The fact a family with kids and an old man with a walking frame was left standing too is purely down to the bad reputation of the fans. No fault of the bus company or driver who can hardly stop and select who to pick up.

I wouldn't have described him as a witness. A hard done by member of the public I would have said.

You really clearly don't have a clue, what you are talking about.

I am pleased to be able to report that common sense prevailed yesterday.

The driver was doing his job, plod had kept his nose out, and passengers were being picked up.

---------- Post added 05-04-2015 at 18:15 ----------

I wouldn't have described him as a witness. A hard done by member of the public I would have said.

You really clearly don't have a clue, what you are talking about.

Just my luck I used the car:mad:

Well...why am I not shocked to be reading this?

Stagecoach KNEW there would be no trams running for that match (and indeed any other match during the tramworks)....their site says that matchgoers can get the Y5 and gives a stopping place.....it says that additional buses will be run to cover the extra need. So far so good.

So, anyone, including Stagecoach KNOWS how rowdy football fans can be...I know - I've been on the tram before when they are going to/coming from the match....sometimes it's been very noisy with fans baiting other fans etc.

So, how is it not rocket science for Stagecoach to understand that picking up fans using the existing Y5 won't be causing a problem.

Sorry....lack of forward thinking there Stagecoach. How about running a small fleet of SPECIAL MATCH BUSES....to get fans away from the Wednesday ground straight into town. Then you can peacefully run the Y5 without any disruption.

It beggars belief to think that Stagecoach wouldn't have planned for this in the first place.

Yellow card to Stagecoach :roll: