Stagecoach bus refuse to pick up football supporters.

I eventually caught the bus two stops further on and asked the driver why he ignored the queue , his reply being that he was under orders not to stop at the Wednesday ground stop, He was very apologetic about the situation and I realised that the blame lay at Stage coach management .

So there is an explanation as to why the buses failed to stop.

By the way the first buses were stopping at the same stop "no worries pal'

And there appears to be the solution.

Anyone that objects to Stage Coach's policy or just wants further explanation should write to or ring Stage Coach.

Perhaps football fans should boycott Stage Coach, though I'm sure that will invoke a wide variety of responses.

Well they should pay their players less. Or charge more for tickets.

Good answer.

By the way Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda etc are served by the buses all these companies make millions but for some reason you pick on Sheffield Wednesday who actually make a loss ;)

There will be a small number of buses spare on a weekend as there aren't the extra rush hour services to operate, assuming no breakdowns etc. However given the traffic congestion after a football match even with extra buses running the frequency does not neccessarily improve.

Just going on what Stagecoach have said in their blurb....additional buses.

I think if buses costing £1m+ per vehicle to buy were provided to sit idle apart from a football fixture once a fortnight then fares would have to be rather higher...

Don't forget the tram replacement buses aren't the only ones linking the football ground with town - there is also the 53, 57, 79, 79A and others.

What an absurd reply. £1m + per bus! What are they powered by, Hydrogen? Try a quarter of a million each or around £300k for a hybrid 'decker.

The point is that when they take off a tram with capacity for over 200 people, they should expect to have to provide more than one tram per bus. And can you tell me where I said a bus should be kept spare for once a fortnight use?

Saturday afternoon is not a peak time for buses. If you look at many Stagecoach timetables, they allow extra time for buses in the peak hours whilst maintaining the frequency; there are no schools on a Saturday, so less demand for vehicles.

They have managed to bring in vehicles from elsewhere to cover the tram replacements, but whoever planned it does not seem bothered that customers are being left behind. One more reason not to use public transport.

Wednesday have been losing 5 million pounds per year .

But now they have untold riches to spend under their new owner, and so if the owls were bothered about this they could lay on dozens of buses for their supporters... can't claim poverty anymore.

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 07:22 ----------

As I said....there are 52's and 120's duplicated by both companies every couple of minutes on West Street.

To "cut" a bus means that there would be no other way of getting to those locations - in the same way the 57 through Middlewood was "cut".

It seems to be a logical solution to temporarily "borrow" a few buses away from a couple of routes that provide buses every 7 minutes from both companies....that works out at a bus every 3.5 minutes....and as I have observed none are ever full....sometimes half full on each one but never full.

And yes...I feel dreadfully for those who might have to wait another 3.5 minutes for the next bus for the time it would take to get football fans to and from the Wednesday match.

Just as an aside, as you will, no doubt, have read the information sheet Stagecoach put out and I have added previously to this thread.....where were the additional buses they talk about coming from then?

---------- Post added 07-04-2015 at 17:33 ----------

But....as in your absurd question earleir......who would provide the stewarding on the 53, 57, 79, 79A and others.

Incidentally......57????? That runs nowhere near the Wednesday ground...and certainly not on Penistone Road. Where would the fans need to be to get a 57??? I mean if they can make it to B&M at Hillsborough...where the 57 stops then surely they could walk a bit more to the Interchange and get loads of buses from there.

Stagecoach / First wouldn't be running the 52's or 120's if they didn't feel there was value in it - why should people on these services be delayed, when there are plenty of buses already available to get you into town from the ground?

Just one thing to clarify though - the original post in the thread was about how cuttsie's bus refused to pick him and some others up in March, before the tramworks started. Your Y5 issue is just that they didn't put on enough extra Y5 buses after the match - not that they were refusing to pick you up? It seems to have got confused on this thread between the two, as geocol reported on 6th April that cuttsie's bus was working normally again.

But now they have untold riches to spend under their new owner, and so if the owls were bothered about this they could lay on dozens of buses for their supporters... can't claim poverty anymore.

---------- Post added 09-04-2015 at 07:22 ----------

Stagecoach / First wouldn't be running the 52's or 120's if they didn't feel there was value in it - why should people on these services be delayed, when there are plenty of buses already available to get you into town from the ground?

Just one thing to clarify though - the original post in the thread was about how cuttsie's bus refused to pick him and some others up in March, before the tramworks started. Your Y5 issue is just that they didn't put on enough extra Y5 buses after the match - not that they were refusing to pick you up? It seems to have got confused on this thread between the two, as geocol reported on 6th April that cuttsie's bus was working normally again.

Us lot that got left at the official bus stop did not want to go to Town:mad:.

All we wanted was to go home on the only bus that goes any where near our district the 79a. No alternative! no bus.

So as to Sheffield Wednesday putting on buses then let all clubs do it ,in fact let all business's do the same ,all clubs, chain stores, pubs, dog tracks, universities and steel works.

They all make millions don't they

Edited by cuttsie