Decathlon Sheffield - customer service / bike maintainence

Hi Mad Hatter and thanks !

Strange how you at first like the look of a bike from info on line, then when you actually see the model you change your mind ! That's just what I did.

Was getting a headache looking at all there is on the market, so bit the bullet and went into the Giant shop at Havelock Bridge and bought one of their bikes. Excellent customer service, very friendly staff !

Did you get the one that I suggested?

Did you get the one that I suggested?

I did ! Actually bought the TCR Advanced 2 + 2 bottle cages, pedals, wireless computer, 2 new and better tyres than existed.

I am like a big kid with a new toy !

Will come back to you for more cycling advice !

I did ! Actually bought the TCR Advanced 2 + 2 bottle cages, pedals, wireless computer, 2 new and better tyres than existed.

I am like a big kid with a new toy !

Will come back to you for more cycling advice !

I've got the TCR Advanced 2! Or to be more exact ,I've got the TCR Advanced frame because over the years I think I've upgraded everything.

I'll stick by what I said. The Decathlon Alur 700 is £599, carbon fork, 105 groupset - amazing value!

If you're spending £1600 you should be able to do your own basic servicing (or if you've been cycling for 50 years you'll have found someone reliable to suit you).

If you still want to spend £1600 there should be a specific reason, and you'll be looking at Planet X and the bigger bike shops.

Just don't want you chucking away a grand for no real benefit;-)

That Decathlon bike....good value, rubbish wheels which can easily be upgraded, unfortunately the back brake caliper is mounted behind the bottom bracket, so I wouldn't touch it.