Wolves vs Wednesday

castleboy

Tremendous news coming out of Hillsborough is that over 10% of ticket sales are from

new supporters (not in possession of a current season ticket).

All this is a knock on effect of the takeover in anticipation of the exciting times ahead.

Obviously with a new pitch promised ,plus telly and quality players it has caused much

interest.Its great to see it is actually going to happen.There is still much time for many more

new supporters to buy a season ticket.

When the 2015/16 season starts and should the Owls make a good start to it then the

crowds should show a fair increase on this season.

If that happens then it will be reminiscent of the glory times of the past.

Can't wait for Sibon's allotment to be dug up to lay the new pitch.

Roll on August to start a new era. :thumbsup::) Owl.

Wolves at home was my 1st ever game,won 2-0,Tom Mac a pen and Dobson,my grandad moaned like there's no tomorrow because we only won 2-0 and needed a pen as well.

Talking about Tom Mcanearney there used to be 3 McAnearney brothers all with Wednesday in the 1950's and 60's. Tom , Jim and John (Jackie ).

Now during the 60's an Owls fans mum when Tom McAnearney's name was mentioned

thought there were 3 brothers Tom . Mac and Ernie.

Coincidence as there were actually 3 brothers Tom , Jim and Jack. :) Owl.

Poor old Tom was the first Wednesday player I ever saw that was barracked by the crowd. He was an intelligent player but quite slow. He was the perfect partner at half back for Tony Kay who never stopped running.

I can remember shouts of ' tha't rubbish McAnearney'.

Now to my ears that's far better than ' you're a f***g w****r ' which he would have had to suffer today

Poor old Tom was the first Wednesday player I ever saw that was barracked by the crowd. He was an intelligent player but quite slow. He was the perfect partner at half back for Tony Kay who never stopped running.

I can remember shouts of ' tha't rubbish McAnearney'.

Now to my ears that's far better than ' you're a f***g w****r ' which he would have had to suffer today

Imo,he was the best passer of a football, Wednesday had at that time,very underrated.