Wolves vs Wednesday

castleboy

I'm only a recent poster in this section and it's nice to know there are some on here that don't rise to the bait but I'm not surprised the mods get their knickers in a twist.

Think I'm off back to History and Expats. It's the only section on SF where people don't want to argue.

Why would Wednesday want to be compared to United....youve not won anything for over 85 years...

the whole aim of entering cup competitions is to win them ...not just have a good run......

the whole aim out of each league season is to get out of the league or at least show improvement year on year...

Winning Cup Finals at Wembley.... Winning Play off finals ...Playing in European Competition....we had them all...

Playing in the 4th Division....We've never had that...

and bringing things to the present day...

your struggling to get into the play offs in the 3rd Division.....

Wednesday are a league above you...sat comfortable in mid table with a new owner ready to throw money at it next season to have a go at Promotion.

Well done on your point at Walsall though....:hihi:

You need to ask yourself,why do Wednesday want to be compared with United....it's you who keeps doing the comparing.....I already told you why I think,because it's a comfort blanket for people to fall back on after 20 years of underachievement.

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 14:52 ----------

Chalga love, do you know something I don't about your club?

Just to clear a few things up could you let me know the answers to these questions please:

1. In the last twenty years, (your selection), how many seasons have United spent in the Premier League?

2. How many goals did you score in that time?

3. In the last twenty years, (your selection), how many seasons have Wednesday spent in the Premier League?

4. In your cup runs, apart from a little bit of extra cash that McCabe will have syphoned off, what do you get for being a cup minnow?

Thank you.

Another one who needs the comfort blanket to fall back on after 20 years of underachievement.:)

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 14:58 ----------

Wrong!

In the last 20 years we have finished the higher team in 9 seasons. Including the last 4.

20 years is just a rounded up figure that equates with the last time you were in the PL.........forget about us,it's the 20 years of underachievement you need to focus on,and it might well be the 20 before you get back again,2017........pressures on,clocks ticking............

I rest my case.

If I went down the Lane in a pub full of Unitedites and started gobbling off then I've no one to blame but myself if they start kicking lumps out of me.

Why do people go on the other teams threads on the wind up? It's the same on both sides. Pathetic and childish.

The Owls lose the Blades eeerm

The Blades lose the Owls eeerm

Just what's the point ?

You need to ask yourself,why do Wednesday want to be compared with United....it's you who keeps doing the comparing.....I already told you why I think,because it's a comfort blanket for people to fall back on after 20 years of underachievement.

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 14:52 ----------

Another one who needs the comfort blanket to fall back on after 20 years of underachievement.:)

---------- Post added 18-03-2015 at 14:58 ----------

20 years is just a rounded up figure that equates with the last time you were in the PL.........forget about us,it's the 20 years of underachievement you need to focus on,and it might well be the 20 before you get back again,2017........pressures on,clocks ticking............

You really are a funny guy.....well your making me laugh anyway....

rather than end up in a pointless arguement with someone,clearly as misguided as yourself....i'll leave you to it..... :wave:

You round 15 up to 20 for this argument do you?

Nice back track attempt, but spectacular FAIL.

Let's work those numbers shall we:

In the last 30 years: Owls higher placed 18 times

In the last 25 years: Owls higher placed 13 times

In the last 20 years: Owls higher placed 9 times

In the last 15 years: Owls higher placed 4 times

In the last 10 years: Owls higher placed 4 times

In the last 5 years: Owls higher placed 4 times

Whichever way you look at it, the stats do not show that we are higher placed for 'just a couple of seasons'.

I don't doubt we are underachieving.

When you're as MASSIVE as we are - 11th in the all time league table of success - anything other than the top flight is a failure.

You guys though, you're about where you should be. So well done on the fact that you aren't under achieving. and even though we are, we're still doing better :thumbsup:

Edited by F. Sidebottom

You round 15 up to 20 for this argument do you?

Nice back track attempt, but spectacular FAIL.

Let's work those numbers shall we:

In the last 30 years: Owls higher placed 18 times

In the last 25 years: Owls higher placed 13 times

In the last 20 years: Owls higher placed 9 times

In the last 15 years: Owls higher placed 4 times

In the last 10 years: Owls higher placed 4 times

In the last 5 years: Owls higher placed 4 times

Whichever way you look at it, the stats do not show that we are higher placed for 'just a couple of seasons'.

I don't doubt we are underachieving.

When you're as MASSIVE as we are - 11th in the all time league table of success - anything other than the top flight is a failure.

You guys though, you're about where you should be. So well done on the fact that you aren't under achieving. and even though we are, we're still doing better :thumbsup:

The penny finally drops:D