CCTV suggestion

Also be carefull not to have them filming over your boundary without auth .

When setting up make sure the date and time is set correct otherwise not be able to use as evidence for police

Happy to put up and set up for you if you wish pm me

If you wish to use as evidence I believe you need to have warning signs on your property or the police will not use it

Not true. The only obstacle to using it as evidence is quality. It needs to be good enough to see what you need to identify.

---------- Post added 16-03-2015 at 16:25 ----------

Also be carefull not to have them filming over your boundary without auth .

When setting up make sure the date and time is set correct otherwise not be able to use as evidence for police

Happy to put up and set up for you if you wish pm me

Again not true. The boundary issue only arises if you deliberately point it to someones property in order to record them,

Milliardo,

as the crucial aspect of what you want to do is catch them in action (without them knowing) try to mount the camera covertly. You could build what looks like a bird- house or dog kennel to house the camera in. (With cam lense just peeping through a small hole in the back of the kennel). Sometimes "small size" is appropriate in choosing a camera.

Edited by Janus

Not true. The only obstacle to using it as evidence is quality. It needs to be good enough to see what you need to identify.

Again not true. The boundary issue only arises if you deliberately point it to someones property in order to record them,

Please elaborate I have first hand knowledge of police refusing cctv evidence due to lack of warning signs on a domestic property

Please elaborate I have first hand knowledge of police refusing cctv evidence due to lack of warning signs on a domestic property

On 15 occasions in the last 4 years i have handed cctv recordings to the police (syp and wyp) and 7 of those recordings have resulted in sentences for the accused. one got 8 years. At no time were warning notices an issue and believe me if it was a legal issue id know because my footage wouldnt have been used as i have no warning signs. Some of my systems have sound too and one such recording with sounds has proved vital to the CPS as it was the only one with sound and proved incredibly useful in crown court.

Trust me, signs arent needed.

Whitch is what you would be doing by having it pointed into nab ours garden to catch them ?

Whitch is what you would be doing by having it pointed into nab ours garden to catch them ?

Not if it is unintentional ie my camera looks down my drive and catches the across road neighbours front door.

A couple of years ago he complained to the police saying I may be watching his comings and goings.

The police came out and after viewing the cctv monitor told him I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Domestic cameras don't come under the DPA = http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/security-cameras-and-the-law.html

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 00:58 ----------

This link written by a barrister states that domestic properties don't come under the DPA and signs are only required when they fall under the DPA= http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/security-cameras-and-the-law.html

Not if it is unintentional ie my camera looks down my drive and catches the across road neighbours front door.

A couple of years ago he complained to the police saying I may be watching his comings and goings.

The police came out and after viewing the cctv monitor told him I wasn't doing anything wrong.

Domestic cameras don't come under the DPA = http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/security-cameras-and-the-law.html

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 00:58 ----------

This link written by a barrister states that domestic properties don't come under the DPA and signs are only required when they fall under the DPA= http://www.protectingyourself.co.uk/security-cameras-and-the-law.html

Agree with Mafya