Archive Sheffield bus route number 88

Yes 88 used to turn round on liberty hill, later when new part of estate was built route was extended and New proper turn round point built, hall park hill part?? As said near wooden type "lodges " I also used the good old 7 , Also anyone remember the 87 route that had terminus near top of wood lane stannington , yes remember the bradfied bus, And as a kid 2p bus fare anywhere! And as adult 10p to town ! Not that long ago 1980s!

...And as adult 10p to town ! Not that long ago 1980s!
Yes - it all ended with deregulation in 1986, for which we have to thank the late, not-so-great Nicholas Ridley. The 10p fare increased to 30p overnight, and fares have never looked back..:|

Cant imagine a bus using the very narrow and bumpy Roscoe Bank road though, it has no turning circle area and a bus would fill it completely and block all other traffic.

The 88 use to reverse onto Roscoe Bank from Stannington Road when I visited my aunties in the late 50's/60's

Yes 88 used to turn round on liberty hill, later when new part of estate was built route was extended and New proper turn round point built, hall park hill part?? As said near wooden type "lodges " I also used the good old 7 , Also anyone remember the 87 route that had terminus near top of wood lane stannington , yes remember the bradfied bus, And as a kid 2p bus fare anywhere! And as adult 10p to town ! Not that long ago 1980s!

the 2p fare had gone by 1985 ish, as I remember paying 5p for my stepsons in 85 onward.

Fares had certainly leapt, by the time of deregulation in 1986.