Company Claims Their Flying Car Will Hit Markets In Two Years

Wasn't there an American TV series (probably late 60s or early 70s) based on two blokes with a flying car - typical looking American car which towed a trailer containing wings etc to convert it to a plane? Or is my memory playing tricks?

Doesn't ring any bells....but then I can't remember what I had for tea last night...

There was the Taylor Aerocar

Good grief, that looks hard work to even remotely get ready for flight....I think I'd prefer the one in my original link....and it's prettier...:)

Cue Alcoblogs helicopter entry.....

Good grief, that looks hard work to even remotely get ready for flight....I think I'd prefer the one in my original link....and it's prettier...:)

Yes it is not the best design but not bad for a 66 year old idea and it still works.

Strange you should mention that Pete because I'm thinking of building my own flying car at the mo. Rather than using mechanical wings though, my bio-mechanical machine will incorporate not only the raw power of the Alcomobile ... it'll be fitted with birds wings, powered courtesy of the windscreen wiper motor.

Obvously, I have the technology as well as the donor car ... I'm just trying to find some decent bird wings at the mo. Suffice to say, I'm keeping an interested eye in the goings on of the Peregrine falcon thread.

With any luck, the bird-car cyborg hybrid will be soaring over Crookes in a matter of weeks. :thumbsup:

Strange you should mention that Pete because I'm thinking of building my own flying car at the mo. Rather than using mechanical wings though, my bio-mechanical machine will incorporate not only the raw power of the Alcomobile ... it'll be fitted with birds wings, powered courtesy of the windscreen wiper motor.

Obvously, I have the technology as well as the donor car ... I'm just trying to find some decent bird wings at the mo. Suffice to say, I'm keeping an interested eye in the goings on of the Peregrine falcon thread.

With any luck, the bird-car cyborg hybrid will be soaring over Crookes in a matter of weeks. :thumbsup:

I have a sneaking suspicion that Peregrine falcon wings might not be quite up to the job.....A bit on the small side?....Unless of course you can clone them with 'say' whales flippers....and get something in between! :hihi: