Company Claims Their Flying Car Will Hit Markets In Two Years

Wasn't there an American TV series (probably late 60s or early 70s) based on two blokes with a flying car - typical looking American car which towed a trailer containing wings etc to convert it to a plane? Or is my memory playing tricks?

My brain was partially playing tricks. What I thought was a series turned out to be a one off episode of the Bob Cummings Show, in which he used (his own!!!) Aerocar - it gets a mention in the Wikipedia entry for Aerocar. I knew it was a recognizable actor (ie Bob Cummings) so I'm certain that is what I remembered. I'd thought it was a more "normal" American design of car, though.

My brain was partially playing tricks. What I thought was a series turned out to be a one off episode of the Bob Cummings Show, in which he used (his own!!!) Aerocar - it gets a mention in the Wikipedia entry for Aerocar. I knew it was a recognizable actor (ie Bob Cummings) so I'm certain that is what I remembered. I'd thought it was a more "normal" American design of car, though.

Mine regularly plays 'tricks' on me....Ummmm...Which planet is this? :)

Very few light aircraft ever crash into anything though.

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 01:54 ----------

Its quite easy to pick up an aircraft without checks being made. Same with boats.

Fatal microlight crash pilot Adrian Paterson had no licence

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-17726412

Just how easy is it? And how often does this happen?

CAA records show a "No Flight" declaration was made on the microlight on 18 February 2011 - something which is done when an aircraft is not insured and the owner has declared it will not be flown until evidence of insurance is produced.

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 01:55 ----------

Hit markets. And skyscrapers. And parks. And houses....

If it was as easy as you suggested, then this would be happening regularly.

Instead of none of those things happening, and instead, one bloke just killing himself.