Owls next season

CorkerSWFC

I'm confident that some decent money will be getting put in, if money is no object ( which won't be the case )then I would keep westwood,loovens, lees and replace the rest.That won't happen but a couple of wingers and sign mcgugan and Keane would be a good start ,Ben Marshall and Connor wickham would be nice aswell.

Yes pal not sure on loovens but otherwise the same as you we now need players that will make a real difference but obviously it will still take time

Edited by allwednesday

The team has to evolve, can't be dumping everyone and buying new, it wouldn't work out very well. A few quality additions are required. A decent winger, a top quality striker and some improvement on the left of the defence and cover for the two centre back which needs to be better than whats there at the moment

---------- Post added 20-03-2015 at 18:34 ----------

Christ, Wednesday fans are clueless about football.

The careers of players like Stevie May, Adthe Nuhiu, Caolan Lavery will flourish and yet some people think we're going to bin them and go after the likes of Connor Wickham, who has no need to drop down to this level and will have PLENTY of suitors in the summer.

Wake up for crying out loud!

People are letting a mediocre season cloud their judgement. Yes we have lots of deadwood to get rid of. But just be realistic for a second. We will be going into next season with far better preparation and a better pitch than this season. We hopefully won't be as unlucky with injuries.

Buxton, Zayatte, Kirkland, Coke, Corry, McCabe will all leave, maybe Helan, Maghoma will follow if we have enough funds. We will struggle to keep hold of Lees and Westwood.

We need to keep players like Lee, Maguire, Palmer, Mattock, Nuhiu, Lavery and May for continuity, they are all very able players at this level and have shown in flashes ability which would put them in a top 6 team.

If we can have a better preparedness and continuity around the squad, there's no reason that with a couple of very good signings we can't be bang in the top 10 next season.

But most of you need to wake up, clubs don't just storm this league overnight, you need to continually build and improve 5-10% each season until you have a unit that can compete over a season and that's when you have a chance.

Don't forget all the upheaval we've had this season, and S Gray hasn't had a single transfer window yet where he knew who the owner would be at the end of it and what his budget was.

Let's now allow him to build towards a target, not continue the revolving door aiming towards moving goalposts.

Thanks for the insight Stuart, and good luck for the rest of the season.

Keep hold of our better players(Westwood, Lee's, loovens, Palmer, Lee, samedo) and get mcgougan and going on what the more regular attendees say Keane on a season loan maybe then 2 good wingers, a striker and another quality defender probably wouldn't go amiss.

As for league position it depends on if the chairman comes through on his promises. If he is serious about squad investment I'd expect to be in or alot closer to the playoffs than we were this season

If we improve this squad now,next season need not be so hard,a 12 % reduction in home attendance says it all,its been woefull to watch,luckily i go away where upto winter weve been good,but at home the performances have been awfull.

If we are serious about 2017,we need to ship out the part time performers and add wieght and height in midfield as well as tackling ability,and goals and pace upfront otherwise wel still be having this conversation in 2025,I dont expect no wickams,rhodes or ronaldoes,but i wanna see players that perform consistently to a high degree,i pay good dosh,which i work hard for! My boss doesnt wait for me to come good i hit the ground running why shouldnt i expect the same at s6,May was a mistake,accept it,sell on move on.we all know Daves gash,get shut and get a big lad with pace and MOVEMENT. Kermogrant?

COYO!!!

Edited by staninoodle

I have bought my season ticket in HOPE. The pitch will be sorted and I am hoping that some investment will be made in the squad. I don't want us to give up on SG yet. He really deserves a shot at managing the team with some sense of continuity and stabilty. I would like to keep Loovens amongst a few others - May, Maguire Maghoma, Westwood, Samedo and why not sign Keane if we can - he looks promising.

I have bought my season ticket in HOPE. The pitch will be sorted and I am hoping that some investment will be made in the squad. I don't want us to give up on SG yet. He really deserves a shot at managing the team with some sense of continuity and stabilty. I would like to keep Loovens amongst a few others - May, Maguire Maghoma, Westwood, Samedo and why not sign Keane if we can - he looks promising.

Well I'm soz, but I'm not going to Hope. I want us to stay where we are.

The old ground only needs 3 sides tidying up a bit, and one end rebuilding.

Moving to Derbyshire would be a no-no.................... :)

Jokin' apart, apart from Maghoma, I agree with your choices.

I'm not sure who's contracts are up come the end of the season, but I'd include Lavery, Nuhiu and Lee on to your list as well.

McGugan at the weekend was electric. He needs to sort himself out, or Watford will want to keep him, or some other predator will come in for him.