New home for disabled Shih tzu - advice needed

JamieF

Hi,

My Grandma needs to go into a nursing home. She has a 7 yr old, female Shih tzu named mie mie. Mie mie is disabled, she has one bad back leg that I believe was damaged at birth, but she can run about etc. She also sprays/wees a bit when she gets excited. I think shes ok with other dogs but is not really used to kids. My mum and I are trying to re home her, which I imagine is going to be tough. Their over in Grimsby, but I'm in Sheffield so thought id post on this forum. Obviously most shelters have waiting lists, and this really cant wait. Plus im worried she wouldn't get rehomed, and spend the rest of her life in a kenal. If anyones interested or knows of anyone, olease pm. Thanks jo

Is it not possible for one of the family to keep the dog? It will comfort your grandmother and will enable her to see her pet time to time. Otherwise, perhaps consider contacting one of the dedicated Shi Tzu rescue organisations.