Benefit sanctions evidence

Hes only inspirational or your lifes ambition is to murder your partner by shooting her through bathroom door four times.

Eh? We were talking about how he overcame his disabilities not whether he is a nice or good person.

You seemed to infer it. But then again you made the mistake of not seeming to know the Pistorius back story. If you had known it you'd know his is not really a template for rehabilitation of adult bilateral amputees for work. Inspirational maybe and that would have been a fair point.

You are making the mistake of assuming that Pistorius is the only human with no legs that can run.

---------- Post added 24-04-2015 at 06:59 ----------

Eh? We were talking about how he overcame his disabilities not whether he is a nice or good person.

I wasn't talking about how he overcame his disabilities, I just used the video to highlight the fact that disabled people with no legs can and do overcome their disabilities, and that being disabled doesn't mean their usefulness to society is over.

Edited by loraward

You are making the mistake of assuming that Pistorius is the only human with no legs that can run.

---------- Post added 24-04-2015 at 06:59 ----------

Don't be ridiculous!

I wasn't talking about how he overcame his disabilities, I just used the video to highlight the fact that disabled people with no legs can and do overcome their disabilities, and that being disabled doesn't mean their usefulness to society is over.

We know that disabled people are useful to society. Who said they weren't?

Don't be ridiculous!

We know that disabled people are useful to society. Who said they weren't?

Pointing out your ridiculous statement isn't ridiculous.

It was implied.

Did you know that having no legs is no guarantee that you will pass the DWP disability test?:huh::help:

If having no legs was a guarantee that someone will pass the disability test, the implication is that they are unable to work, and that is simply not the case. They can and do work so do remain productive members of society.

Pointing out your ridiculous statement isn't ridiculous.

It was implied.

I didn't assume, say or imply anything of the sort. I have a medical background and worked for years in an area where people had amputations of lower limbs, mainly because of vascular issues. Spent weeks helping each of those guys recover and get home. I know what people are capable of, and sometimes not capable of for a wide variety of different reasons.

If having no legs was a guarantee that someone will pass the disability test, the implication is that they are unable to work, and that is simply not the case. They can and do work so do remain productive members of society.

Hardly breaking news is it. Having no legs is not a guarantee of passing the test. And nobody said it was.

Is that an Iain Duncan Smith quote?

No its saying losing your legs like any disability shouldnt bar you from doing work. Look at all those hard working athletes who do us proud in the paraolympics.

I hate the "I cant work I'm disabled argument". Being disabled shouldnt mean the end of working it just means some adjustments need to be made to help them.

I didn't assume, say or imply anything of the sort. I have a medical background and worked for years in an area where people had amputations of lower limbs, mainly because of vascular issues. Spent weeks helping each of those guys recover and get home. I know what people are capable of, and sometimes not capable of for a wide variety of different reasons.

Hardly breaking news is it. Having no legs is not a guarantee of passing the test. And nobody said it was.

I didn't say that you did imply it, and I even reposted the post that did imply it, so either you are blind or trolling.

Worth pointing out that being unable to work also doesn't mean a person is not useful to society.

Look at all those hard working athletes who do us proud in the paraolympics.

Those hard working athletes who protested about the treatment of disabled people by Atos?

Everyone is making the mistake that disabled benefits assume people are incapable of work - they don't. DLA/PIP compensate people and help fund mobility and care needs that arise from their situation. ESA supports people as they try and get back to work, without all the expectations that DWP expect from Jobseekers.