Benefit sanctions evidence

There's no end of anecdotal evidence on here, but if you aren't willing to accept that then,all things being equal, the only 'proof' you can have is when it happens to you personally, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But look at the world around you and what is happening. Look at a few other figures - homelessness for instance, mental health isues, hospitals, housing,...

Take the budget for example. Sounded fine didn't it? But dig a bit deeper - why was there no mention of cuts? The NHS? Many of the things that really matter to the working man? Because there's an election in a few weeks, that's why.

If the Tories are re-elected the cuts will come thick and fast believe me. Where do you think they'll come from? Not from the Tories' croney's pockets that's for sure.

They aren't called 'the nasty party' for nothing...

But.. Dont forget that the implementation of sanctions was bought in by a Labour Government and the nasty party are only carrying on with their policy.

But.. Dont forget that the implementation of sanctions was bought in by a Labour Government and the nasty party are only carrying on with their policy.

It is the way they are being implemented that is the problem, and that is under the draconian instructions of the Tories.

There are numerous newspaper sources over the Internet highlighting government bullying of JobCentre staff to sanction people on benefits. They've been linked to on here before

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 18:48 ----------

Not sure about that, people have always had their benefits stopped but now it's got ridiculous

Listen to the people being sanctioned not political parties.

I read an account of one former dwp employee who said they had quotas to meet and briefings were about aggresively sanctioning claimants.

Listen to the sanctioned? If you listen to prisoners we have tens of thousands of innocent people in prison.

If the Tories are re-elected the cuts will come thick and fast believe me. Where do you think they'll come from? Not from the Tories' croney's pockets that's for sure.

They aren't called 'the nasty party' for nothing...

Cuts,by their definition, don't come from people's pockets.

The Tory party aren't called the nasty party, they are called the Conservatives.

We don't punish criminals by starving them, yet we think it right to take the last little bit of income off some of the poorest people when they're unemployed. It's a damn disgrace.

Only if they break the rules which they agreed to. Should there be no punishment if they break the rules?

It is the way they are being implemented that is the problem, and that is under the draconian instructions of the Tories.

How has the implementation changed under the tories?

They did say that they would continue to clamp down on tax evasion and aggressive avoidance. Like they have been doing.

Have they? Really? All I've heard is Camerloon sticking up everybody's favourite tax-dodging charity-supporting heartthrob who used to sing in Take That, and some Z-list 'celebrities' stamping their feet over a mansion tax.

Please, give us some examples of this 'clamp down' you speak of.

I have just finished a one month mandatory work placement, I had to do this even though at the time I was on a four week sanction because four weeks earlier I had been on another mandatory work program and because it was education based i really struggled with it.

In the end both I and the course provider decided the best option was for me to return to the job centre.

After a week i was informed that my claim had been put into doubt because i had returned to the job centre without completing the course. I explained that both partied had agreed that i was just not up to completing the course. The provider has a target of a 100 percent pass rate.

The job centre took no notice what so ever and in due course i was sanctioned.

I appealed and this was turned down.

I asked for a mandatory reconsideration, this means that they have to pass the case on to an independent aduediqater (wrong spelling i know).

Two months later I am still waiting for the proper paper work from them to continue this second appeal.

In the mean time I attended my four week work placement where i found my that three of my fellow work mates who where there on mandatory work placement had also been sanctioned in the last two months. two of them for thirteen weeks. they were desperate, coming to work unable to bring money for food or even sandwiches.

I had been lucky enough to receive a food parcel from the local food bank. I gladly shared what i could with them ( mostly jam sandwiches)

Is this how people should be treated?, when they are down, kick them even more??

Thats terrible and so typical of this government

---------- Post added 21-03-2015 at 20:11 ----------

Its alright telling people to get a job, but when they cant even feed themselves or travel or pay for phone and internet its a joke

Sanctions the favourite tool of the oppressor hit a man when he's at his lowest. Sanctions are freely uses by the Jobcentre no rule breaking required staff threated if they don't they will lose their jobs what a pleasant and fair land we live in.